1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Roku's revamped mobile apps bring content search and a fresh look

Discussion in 'IPTV Hardware' started by Athlon646464, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    Roku's revamped mobile apps bring content search and a fresh look

Roku's mobile software just got a long overdue coat of fresh paint. The remote control apps for both Android and iOS now have a minimalist (and very purple) interface, as well as search that lets you track down content based on actors, directors and similar minutiae.

It's now easier to control most any Roku device on the network, too. You don't have to use an account for most functions, and a single sign-in will automatically log in to every device linked to your credentials....

Full Story Here

[​IMG]

2. loudo

loudo DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 24, 2005
    Central Maine
    I wish they would get on the stick and create a Windows phone app.

3. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
  4. loudo

loudo DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 24, 2005
    Central Maine
    Sorry, got this mixed up with another Roku app I was looking for.

5. plasmacat

plasmacat Legend

Mar 14, 2007
    I tried the new app. Does it find my roku any better than the old app -NOOOO! It took maybe 5-7 tries before it finally found it. The most basic thing -finding the roku - why can't they fix this?
    Then the thing is messed up. I like to stream music from my tablet to the roku but when I clicked on one of my artists - Arcade Fire- it showed every album on the tablet, instead of the albums of Arcade Fire. GRRRR.