1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rolling Stones PPV Question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by BruceFan, Dec 10, 2012.

1. BruceFan

BruceFan New Member

Dec 4, 2007
    If I order the Rolling Stones PPV concert on Saturday night can I dvr it and watch it when I get home? Will it expire in 24 hours? Never ordered PPV live event before.

2. HGuardian

HGuardian Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    I know PPV boxing doesn't expire.

3. DLLindsay

DLLindsay Cool Member

Apr 2, 2008
    +1
    I would like to know too.

4. iceturkee

iceturkee DINFOS Trained Killer DBSTalk Club

Apr 1, 2007
    daytona...
    include me as well. thanks.

5. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    +1 I too would like to know...As an aside does anyone else find it even a bit funny that WWE is producing the PPV?

6. Baldmaga

Baldmaga Godfather

Sep 1, 2007
    Speaking of WWE, they don't delete their PPVs off of the DVRs. I don't think events are subject to deletion.

7. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    They're just part of a partnership, they're mainly in it to use WWE's PPV uplink for worldwide distribution, the actual production is being done by another company. (It also helps that the following night WWE's production trucks just have to drive across the bridges for the TLC PPV in Brooklyn)

8. DLLindsay

DLLindsay Cool Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Went ahead and emailed DTV today. Below is the response:

"Thanks for writing to ask about recording Rolling Stones-One More Shot (Live).

With the convenience of digital video recording, you will surely enjoy your DIRECTV programming. You never have to worry about missing your favorite shows again as it lets you watch them whenever you want.

You can certainly purchase and record Rolling Stones-One More Shot (Live) on 12/15/12. You can also add DIRECTV CINEMA™ movies to your queue and order Pay Per View Events up to 12 days in advance. Once recorded, it will be stored in your HD DVR's hard drive unless otherwise deleted."

Hope this helps,
    Dennis

9. iceturkee

iceturkee DINFOS Trained Killer DBSTalk Club

Apr 1, 2007
    daytona...

that didn't answer the question.

10. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    I sub to HBO and will watch it later in the month :lol:

Saw them live in 1965-1972-1978-1981-1989-1994-2005 still rolling :lol:

11. SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER Freethinker

Dec 11, 2007
    Mason, MI
    :)

12. kenmoo

kenmoo Legend

Oct 3, 2006
    One question down one to go. Does anyone know if the Rolling Stones PFV concert will be recordable on all three of my DirecTV DVR's at the same time if I set it to record on each of them.

Never had a PFV before so not sure when I order if they will ask me which DVR I want it on?

13. HGuardian

HGuardian Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    If you order through the receiver it will only be available on that specific receiver. If you order through DIRECTV.com it will be available on all receivers in your house.

14. jamieh1

jamieh1 Hall Of Fame

May 1, 2003
    If you order on line ppv will show up on all receivers. But you will have to set all receivers to record.

15. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    You gents might enjoy Whole Home service, then!

16. DMKing12370

DMKing12370 Cool Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Every now and then Vince McMahon decides that he wants to expand his business to include more than just "sports entertainment." This is the second time he has done a non-WWF/E/WBF pay per view event (the first one was a Sugar Ray Leonard/Donny Lalonde boxing match way back in 1988.

Speaking of the Rolling Stones, they are live in concert as I write this comment. They are playing free of charge across several networks at the 121212 concert from Vince's favorite place (Madison Square Garden).

17. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    You saw him crying after Linda lost right? He needs to make those millions back so she can run again in 4 years ;)
    Vince hates the Garden now. The Dolans charge an arm and a leg for the place along with ridiculous convenience charges on every ticket, so they only do one house show a year there and the occasional Raw or PPV. They also don't bring their set to MSG events anymore so they can sell every seat to actually make a profit there.

18. DMKing12370

DMKing12370 Cool Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Actually I think Linda will give up the idea of being a Senator and instead run for Governor of Connecticut in two years. 100 million dollars (most of it their own money) is what the McMahons spent trying to get the Senate. She has to do it the old fashioned way and start in small incriments.

As far as the MSG shows, your points are valid. But you have to remember that WWE is doing a lot more international shows plus there is competition from new arenas (like Brooklyn's Barclays Center) so there aren't as many available dates as there used to be.

19. bnwrx

bnwrx Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    colorado,...
    Really? On HBO? This month? When?.....(Assume you're not talking about"CrossfireHurricane"...)

20. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    It will be re-broadcast - Just like all the fights and wwe events before maybe - later this month maybe early next year-(stones) won't miss a chance to get revenue form repeat content.