1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rom 103 ??

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by kstuart, Oct 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kstuart

kstuart Icon

Apr 25, 2002
    Hello,

I am looking on ebay for another DVR and I noticed that some of them have "Rom 103" in the auction title.

Anyone have any idea what that refers to ?

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The version of the smart card. Something of interest to hackers who would like to steal service but not really that important to legit customers. Although I would be leary of an item that was being marketed to hackers in this manor. Perhaps an innocent error, but a sign of problems. (Hopefully the receiver has not already been tampered with.)

As always, get the receiver serial number and smart card number and call dish to check out the receiver before agreeing to the sale! You don't want to buy a receiver that cannot be added to an account.

3. kstuart

kstuart Icon

Apr 25, 2002
    By the way, if the receiver still has an old smart card (years ago), will Dish trade it for a current smart card - or is there a fee required ?

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    If you have the old card it is likely that they will send you the new one without charge. If you don't have the old card it is likely they will charge you $50 for a replacement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.