1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Rory Mcllroy's father wins $171k

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by yosoyellobo, Jul 21, 2014.

1. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
  2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I think I much prefer watching McIlroy and Rickie Fowler than Tiger any day.

3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    The top 3 guys put on a show for sure.

4. kikkenit2

kikkenit2 Icon

Oct 25, 2006
    A couple of 5'9" guys almost setting records for under par. Amazing.
    Tiger's legacy. Throw your club down fast on poor swings.

5. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Yeah, it's amazing that you can be 15 under par and still come in second.

6. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    I watch because I knew either an Rory win or collapse would be worth watching.

7. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I didn't like Tiger's personality, but he is exactly the kind of person you need in sports if you think about it. A polarizing figure that can divide the fans (love him or hate him)... but that only works when he wins.

People love to hate Duke basketball... but if Duke went on a slide for a few seasons it would get old...

You need a good Tiger to be loved and hated... when he wins the haters hate... and when he loses the haters rejoice. Fans kind of win either way, and get to see good golf.

That said... they also need likable winners too. Not just underdogs that pull out the amazing but someone like Rory who seems likable and also seems to be talented.

Both kinds of winners are good for golf.