1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Rosemary's Baby NBC starting late tonight East Coast (or maybe it started on time after all)

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Stewart Vernon, May 11, 2014.

1. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Golf ran LONG tonight. Dateline that was supposed to begin at 7:00pm EDT didn't start until a little after 8:15pm EDT! I can't tell if Dateline was joined in progress OR if it is delayed the whole 1.25 hours OR if perhaps they skipped the first hour block and it is only 15 minutes late.

In any case, there's a good chance that Rosemary's Baby will start end end late.

Check your times and extend them if you can!

2. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    Thanks

3. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Strangely... I checked in on my recording about 5 minutes after 9pm EDT and it looked like Rosemary's Baby might have started on time after all.

Which must mean that Dateline was joined in progress. I was actually watching the golf that ran late... and I do not remember them ever saying that programming was "joined in progress"... but that must have been what happened.

I was kinda wondering... This seems like a big show for NBC with it being a mini-series and the next part airs on Thursday I believe... so having it delayed tonight might have screwed up their ratings big time.

I'll check it out later when I watch it... but it appears as though maybe it started on schedule and NBC screwed over the Dateline fans instead.

4. IndyMichael

IndyMichael Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2003
    Indiana
    I didn't plan to watch it, but when I finished GoT, the tuner was on NBC. Watched for a bit, then decided to record it, if the buffer went back to the beginning, and it did.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using DBSTalk mobile app

5. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    How does golf run long? lol

1 person likes this.
  6. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Golf can run long if there was a playoff (which there was not)... but in yesterday's case it was a weather delay. They had to stop play for a while and then start up after the weather cleared.

7. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Normally I would record, but I don't see how making it longer would make it better.

8. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    We watched about half of the first episode and...hell, I'll watch anything with Zoe Saldana in it. Seriously, what we watched was very good. Looking forward to watching the rest of it.

Rich

9. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    You missed a very good show. Yeah, we knew what was gonna happen and it was faithful to the book and previous movie, but it was just good. Because of that show, I did some research and found a sequel was written to Rosemary's Baby called Son of Rosemary. Short book, very good read and the ending is really surprising. Also got a copy of The Stepford Wives, hadn't realized that I never read it. Another very short book but well worth reading. Ira Levin was a damn good author.

Rich