1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Router Death Results In Upgrade

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - Wireless Adapter Discussion (private)' started by RunnerFL, Sep 5, 2008.

1. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Last night my router decided to die finally, WRT54G, so today I picked up a WRT610N.

I wound up using the 5Ghz side of things when re-configuring my WGA600N but it went just fine. I wanted to make sure that I posted that both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz side showed up. Thought it was a little odd that they had different SSID's though.

I haven't really tested it for speed increase but I'm guessing I'll see one when I do.

I did have one question for other WRT610N, and WRT600N, owners though... Have you guys setup the media server to serve up media files on an external HD you have hooked up to your router? If so have any of you been able to get MP3's to play on your HR2X? I get the WRT610N and files to show up on my HR2X's however I can't play the files and they all have X's next to them. :(

2. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    WRT54GS router died on me yesterday also. :(
    I will replace the router ASAP.Until then,my testing is on hold for now.

3. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    Just found something interesting... The Media Server on the WRT610N is Twonky!

Since Twonky itself works with the HR2X's why won't this Twonky?

4. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    Hmmm, maybe some WRT54G plague... Was yours buzzing and your power light flasshing constantly?

5. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    i just replaced my wrt300n with a wrt350n. i was able to get my media files to show up on my hr2x's, but unable to play. i havent had much time to mess around with it yet. hopefully tomorrow(before football starts) i will have time to work with it a little bit and see if i can get anything to play. if you are able to get it to work, please post your results and i will as well.
    other then that, the wga600 hooked right up as it did with the previous wrt300n

6. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    So far I haven't found anything on the web that helps with audio or video streaming using the Linksys units. The only thing that will work on the HR2X's from the Linksys is Pictures. Both Mp3's and Videos have an X next to them. :(

7. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    Just before the router "kicked the bucket",I noticed the power light flashing.I did not hear any buzzing sound though.

8. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    My power light was flashing intermittently and there was a slight buzzing sound that matched the flash of the light.

I definitely see a speed increase with DOD downloads now using the WGA600N.