1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roxio Media manager

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by dhhaines, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Dec 3, 2007 #1 of 10
    dhhaines

dhhaines Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    Has anyone been able to get Roxio Media Manager to work on the HR20? I've been unable to get my HR20 to show up in WMP11, but it does show up in Roxio and not as an unknown device but as an HR20. The problem is the HR20 keeps saying that there are no files in the folders. I've tried shutting down my firewall but that doesn't help. Any ideas? I know it's probably some little setting I'm overlooking.

2. Dec 3, 2007 #2 of 10
    joesigg

joesigg Legend

Feb 21, 2007
    Have you tried a reboot of computer, then RBR of HR20?

3. Dec 3, 2007 #3 of 10
    Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain Active Member

Dec 7, 2006
    Check on how the Roxio is scanning the computer for files to supply. They may be pointing somewhere that is not where your files are. Also check and see if the trascoding is automatic or if it is selectable. Try settting it for automatic it it is selectable.

I have not heard of anyone using this as a media server, so you are the first I know of.

4. Dec 3, 2007 #4 of 10
    dhhaines

dhhaines Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    Yea.. I've tried that several times. The funny part is as soon as I turned on media share, the HR20 showed up and the Music and Video menu item came up on the HR20. The HR20 "sees" the computer and the computer "sees" the HR20, but it can't find the files in the folders. It almost seems like a permission issue. But the folders are set to share over the network. I can see and play them on the other two computers on the network. Just strange the HR20 can't find them.

I'll have to keep playing with the settings and see what sticks.

5. Dec 3, 2007 #5 of 10
    dhhaines

dhhaines Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    It is scanning the proper folders. I can play them on another computer with no problem.

Not sure what you mean by trascoding though. ( I'm assuming it's a typo and you meant transcoding, but I'm not sure what you mean by that either)

The only reason I'm using it is that it's the only one that would recognize the HR20 over my network. It looked like it was going to work... but maybe not.

6. Dec 3, 2007 #6 of 10
    Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain Active Member

Dec 7, 2006
    dhhaines,
    Yes it is transcoding. That is the tool used for codecs that are being supplied to the HR20 via the media server software, in this case the Roxio. The HR20 is looking ofr a LPCM type format from mp3 file songs.

You may have a firewall issue. Try turning off ALL of your firesall(s) and see if that helps.

7. Dec 3, 2007 #7 of 10
    dhhaines

dhhaines Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    Okay thanks. I'll look for those settings when I get home. That may be the problem.

I've tried shutting down all the firewalls, hardware and software. That didn't help. Once I get it to play the files I'll play with the firewall settings to get those tweaked in for the share.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

8. cweave02

cweave02 W4SKO

Oct 12, 2007
    I have another problem - when I turn on the computer, the dialog box comes up 'installing Roxio Media Manager" but (1) it never completes the installation, (2) when I click cancel, it keeps coming back (evenutally I go to Windows Task Manager and 'end task' there), (3) Neither the All Programs list nor Add or Remove programs show any Roxio programs, and (4) msconfig shows nothing that I can un-click orclick to get rid of it.

HELP!!

9. Groundhog45

Groundhog45 Hall Of Fame

Nov 9, 2005
    Cedar Park,...
    That sounds like a flag in the registry. If you are comfortable running regedit, perhaps you can find someone to tell you where to look. I don't think I could point you to the correct entry.