1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

RSN Discussion: FSN Bay Area HD (654-1)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Stuart Sweet, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 2, 2007 #1 of 66
    Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Discussion thread for FSN Bay Area Regional Sports Network

Topics: PQ, Programming, etc.

And don't forget our coverage of the new DIRECTV HD channels:

2. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    This channel is expected, November 14.

3. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    This channel is now confirmed.

4. soloredd

soloredd Legend

Oct 21, 2007
    Awesome! Just in time for the Pistons-Warriors game tonight.

Good stuff.

5. Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan Hall Of Fame

Sep 26, 2006
    yes! At least if we're going to watch the W's lose we get to do it in High Def now!

Saturday we get the Sharks in all their HD Glory! Finally!:D

6. steff3

steff3 Legend

Jun 12, 2006

:bowdown: :joy: :goodjob: :joy:

7. pbg

pbg Godfather

Oct 11, 2007
    FSN Bay Area is good one- Remember though, the game needs to be broadcasted in HD - Tonight's Warrior game is not. We'll need to wait until Friday to see the Warriors in HD via FSN Bay Area. Of course, if you are out that RSN's area you'll need League Pass, and Direct needs to pick that feed to use. We'll see how it pans out.

8. jahgreen

jahgreen Godfather

Dec 15, 2006
    How is this different than before, when a game broadcast in HD on FSNBA was shown on another channel, 95 or 96? Is the only change the channel I tune?

9. forecheck

forecheck Legend

Jun 13, 2002
    If you live in the Bay Area, then nothing is different except the channel number, you will still get the same number of games. The people that benefit are the ones outside the Bay Area, especially the nearby areas like Monterey and Sacramento.

10. kenmoo

kenmoo Legend

Oct 3, 2006
    Thanks Forecheck. I live even further east of the Bay Area in the Sierra foothills and receive Sac DMA HD signals. I have gotten SD Fox Sports BA and BA+ all along and was hoping I would get any FS BA HD broadcasts on 654-1. I anxiously await the first HD game to test the theory.

The mostly SD content, RSN spotbeams area coverage, blackouts and other issues really confuse me as to what game I will get till I'm actually watching it. I don't have any of the extra sports packages so it's just FS BA for me.

11. mdgolf

mdgolf Legend

Apr 14, 2006
    And even folks way out of the Bay Area in Reno:D Yahoo!...I now have everything I wanted when I gave up E* last summer when I moved from the Bay Area.

Thanks D*:goodjob:

12. Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan Hall Of Fame

Sep 26, 2006
    That's the beauty of this channel going live... no more spot beam issues! I suppose there's always the chance for screw ups (we are, after all, talking about DirecTV :rolleyes: )... BUT... you should get almost every game in HD that FSN Bay Area broadcasts now...

I think you'll have Warriors games blacked out if you're in the Sacramento DMA... you will, though, get Sharks, Giants, A's, and college sports that are broadcast.

13. forecheck

forecheck Legend

Jun 13, 2002
    As Sharkie_Fan mentioned earlier, the first Sharks game that we should get is Saturday. Unfortunately, (or fortunately, actually) I will not be home to see it since I will be at the Shark Tank in person, but will look forward to the results posted here. Also, on Friday there is a Warrior game which should be blacked out in the Kings area, and maybe some college football games on Saturday morning/afternoon.

14. jahgreen

jahgreen Godfather

Dec 15, 2006
    Thanks to all for the clarifications and explanations.

15. Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan Hall Of Fame

Sep 26, 2006
    If you're worried about seeing the PQ on this channel, I'll trade ya places... It'd be a big sacrifice, but I could take your place at the Tank so you could experience the inaugural HD broadcast on this channel... ;)

16. islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    And Fallon (east of Reno)... :D

Now, if only MSG/FSNY would come online. Then I could see the Isles in HD (more than a couple of times a season on Vs. and HDNET)

17. Captaintrips420

Captaintrips420 Cool Member

Sep 1, 2007
    is there any reason why this channel is not showing up for me in the hd filtered guide, and when i tune to the channel my receiver gives me a blank screen at 720p? i would have thought that the 654-1 would be the same as 654...also, the video is all screwed up and zoomed in for me on 654.

weirdness, and i live in the bay area...... booooooo

18. bbq-allstar

bbq-allstar Legend

Jun 29, 2006
    ^^^ Me too... I think I need to reset my receiver, but I'm recording some NHL games, so I'll wait till later. My guide says "To Be Announced" for all the new channels I added.

19. flipptyfloppity

flipptyfloppity New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    654-1 is black for me right now. Not just the guide data, but the channel. I'm gonna reboot and see what that does.

20. Lurch1080i

Lurch1080i Cool Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Black screen for me too. Channel guide says "To Be Announced". It has been like that since it came on for me this morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.