1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

RSN Discussion: FSN South HD (630)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Stuart Sweet, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Oct 2, 2007 #1 of 29
    Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Discussion thread for FSN South Regional Sports Network

Topics: PQ, Programming, etc.

And don't forget our coverage of the new DIRECTV HD channels:

2. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    This channel is expected, November 14.

3. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    This channel is now confirmed.

4. uncrules

uncrules Godfather

Dec 20, 2005
    The HD channel is on 630-1, not 630 that the thread title indicates.

5. mhking

mhking Legend

Oct 27, 2002
    Atlanta
    Am not getting 630 as HD here (Atlanta), only 630-1.

6. LameLefty

LameLefty I used to be a rocket scientist

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    Yes, it's 630-1. I'm very curious as to what will actually be carried in HD on this channel. I don't generally watch any RSN's but I might be convinced to change that if the content is there.

7. Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer Hall Of Fame

Dec 6, 2006

Games only in HD, that's why it's a dash-1 channel

8. LameLefty

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    [/LIST]
    Um, yes. I know it's games only on this channel. That's not necessarily why it's a -1 channel, however. That just means it's a separate feed from the main channel (see, e.g., HGTV HD on 229-1 and Food Network HD on 231-1).

What I meant was, once I see what games will be carried, I might start watching now that it will be in HD. For that matter, the same goes for Sports South HD.

9. fvmojoman

fvmojoman Cool Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Hopefully some Predator games, Lefty!

10. LameLefty

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    That would rock. Now if I could just find an inflatable mascot to bounce around in the corner and make some fresh funnel cakes to go with my beer, it would be just like Nashville Knights games at the old "Flying Saucer" downtown . . . :lol:

11. Gary*W*

Gary*W* Legend

Sep 19, 2007
    Here's another person hoping for some Preds games in HD!

12. luttrell7263

luttrell7263 Cool Member

Oct 12, 2007
    I would love to see some Preds games in HD, but D* blocks even though I live in KY! I doubt that will change now, but I'll be hoping anyway.

13. durl

durl Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2003
    In the interest of correctly placing blame, that would be an NHL block.

14. luttrell7263

luttrell7263 Cool Member

Oct 12, 2007
    I don't know "who" it is, but the games are on cables FSN South. When I called, the csr told me that "they must be showing the game illegally". It happened every game so far this year. D* lists my zip as getting the Preds in the sports pak. I did get to see them on FSN Ohio (both games).

15. durl

durl Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2003
    I'm guessing here, but if you subscribe to the Sports Pack, FSN South should be your secondary which would mean you'd see Predators games. If that's the case, any Predators game that FSN South broadcasts, you should see it. Of course, this is also assuming that the Shelbyville area is listed as your mailing address with Directv.

You may try resetting your receiver to see if that clears up the problem (sounds odd, but it might actually help) and if not, there is definitely a problem on Directv's end.

16. luttrell7263

luttrell7263 Cool Member

Oct 12, 2007
    Yep, you're exactly right. I have reset everything a few times. I've called a few times. I do indeed live in Shelbyville. I gave up after the csr told me that the cable company was "breaking the law". I did try to speak with a supervisor, but she wouldn't let me. Things got worst after that. The family love the movie channels, so now I'm stuck now. Otherwise, I'd drop the Preimer pack & get my CI back. I'm not do'n both if I'm not go'n to get what I'm pay'n for now. Thanks anyway though.

17. jamieh1

jamieh1 Hall Of Fame

May 1, 2003
    So far every HD game on this channel has been blacked out in Eastern NC

18. 2scoops

2scoops Cool Member

Aug 27, 2007
    Yep, I don't understand the purpose of these channel's. I have called Directv 2 different times and it obivious no one you talk with understands it either. I certainly have no intentions to keep paying for this pack when everything is blacked out. Maybe some one can explain who gets to watch the games on these channel's. :confused:

19. Crypter

Crypter Godfather

Jun 21, 2007
    It's pretty simple. To watch HD games on these channels that are OUT OF YOUR MARKET you need to subscribe to the Sports Subscriptions of your choice. For example I subscribe to NBALP and MLBEI so when there is an HD game on the sub channel I will be able to watch it. The one caviat is that the respective league will usually blackout the away teams broadcast and only allow you to watch the home teams broadcast. There are some exceptions to this but not many.

Personally I wish that all leagues would allow all out of market cutomers to watch any feed they want. I understand forcing the in-market customers to watch their own teams broadcast. But why force out of market customer to watch a specific feed? We should have the choice of which feed we want to watch. Especially since we are out of market, I mean I would like to watch my teams feed every time (unless they are not HD and another HD feed is available).

I think this is the sentiment with most people on here and probably most subscribers in general would agree with me.

20. swans

swans Legend

Jan 23, 2007
    It was in 720p.