1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

RSN Discussion: New England Sports Network/NESN HD (623)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Stuart Sweet, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 2, 2007 #1 of 31
    Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Discussion thread for New England Sports Network Regional Sports Network

Topics: PQ, Programming, etc.

And don't forget our coverage of the new DIRECTV HD channels:

2. Oct 3, 2007 #2 of 31
    Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Confirmed

3. Oct 3, 2007 #3 of 31
    CoachGibbs

CoachGibbs Godfather

May 23, 2007

Back to 1080i, yay!

4. Oct 3, 2007 #4 of 31
    Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Thread reopened...

5. Oct 3, 2007 #5 of 31
    bwaldron

bwaldron Impossible Dreamer

Oct 24, 2005
    As I posted in another thread, knowing that NESN-HD was upcoming for Sox and Bruins games and coverage is the main reason I have remained a DirecTV customer. The other new channels are fine, and I am happy to have them, but sports -- esp. NE sports down here in Florida -- is the main driver of my provider choice.

Good stuff. Thanks, DirecTV!

6. Oct 3, 2007 #6 of 31
    DMRI2006

DMRI2006 Godfather

Jun 13, 2006
    I've been waiting for this since I bought an HDTV. Not only is today a big day for me, but the quality of the channel itself has been worth the wait.

I'm glad I stuck it out here in RI, even though I could've gone with Cox and gotten NESN-HD that way. Now we're good to go :)

7. Oct 3, 2007 #7 of 31
    rogerpl

rogerpl AllStar

Aug 16, 2006
    Shoot me! I'll give Dish till spring after that... I prefer Dish equipment but :mad:

8. Oct 3, 2007 #8 of 31
    dirchm0628

dirchm0628 AllStar

Sep 4, 2007
    Are the RSN avaialble nationwide? What I mean is if I am only concerned about the Red Sox, which is the case, Do I need superfan anymore. Last season NESN was in SD except when rebroadcast on some of the MLB-HD channels. I know the baseball package is in channel range 734-745 but 623 was always opened up when the Sox were at home. So if 623 is opened up again next season am I to assume it will be in HD??????????????

9. Oct 3, 2007 #9 of 31
    bwaldron

Oct 24, 2005
    I am certain that those of us who want to watch the games and are out of the NESN region will still need to sub to MLB EI-Superfan. No different than the SD rules.

10. iks

iks New Member

Sep 18, 2007
    If I am not mistaken NESN has been in HD since the September HD launch. Has it changed somehow (to MPEG4 or to 1080i from 720p?). Puzzled...

11. bwaldron

Oct 24, 2005
    If you are in Mass. (some areas), you likely have had NESN-HD for quite some time. It was coming from a spot beam with the local channels.

It is now being sent nationally via the new D10 satellite. As of today.

12. Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2005
    It is now back at 1080i where it belongs

13. dirchm0628

dirchm0628 AllStar

Sep 4, 2007
    I hope DTV would allow superfan subscribers the option of receiving all games in HD next year. I ordered Superfan knowing I would get about two games a week in HD from the Sox. Hopefully they up the number of games next year, and hopefully that means all games where HD is available such as NESN.

14. bwaldron

Oct 24, 2005
    I believe that DirecTV is on record (prior to this season) as stating that virtually all available HD games will be in the MLB-EI package next season.

15. neomaine

neomaine Legend

Feb 3, 2003
    OK...now I'm pissed. :mad: :mad: :mad:

You guys now have SciFi...AND...NesnHD?!?!?! :eek2: :nono2: :confused:

16. Italfra1

Italfra1 Godfather

Dec 22, 2005
    I'm in Northern CA and I subscribe to Sports Pack. I've always recieved the YES channel but now I get that in HD. I've also always recieved the NESN channel but now I see it say's HD in the guide. For some reason I'm not getting the content in HD or SD. I called D* and was told that it is taking some additional time for everyone to recieve the content but I should be seeing it soon.

Is anyone else seeing the NESN HD in the guide but no programming?

Looking forward to seeing the pregame and postgame interviews after the RedSox lose to the Angels. It's that much better in HD.

17. matsfan

matsfan AllStar

Sep 9, 2006
    I saw that too and am hopeful that's the way it will be.

18. bwaldron

Oct 24, 2005
    Right now, programming is being blacked out. They're showing game replays, and MLB rules do not allow RSN's to show them nationally. Stupid, I know...but that's how it goes. Should be back on shortly for those of us outside NE.

19. skaeight

skaeight Icon

Jan 15, 2004
    Pre-game show is looking amazing. I can't believe I finally have NESN HD. No more SD Red Sox games at my house ever again!

20. Italfra1

Italfra1 Godfather

Dec 22, 2005

Yeah, that's was I was thinking. Once I realized it was a replay of a game from April 07' I figured that it was blacked out. I'm watching the pregame now on NESN HD and it looks amazing. And I can switch to YES HD for Mike and the Mad Dog and all the Yankees pre game and post game interviews in HD.

This was really sweet to happen prior to playoff baseball. And I'm not that upset up the TBS HD because it looks amazing on my set and everything is in 5.1

The announcers are pretty lame but what can you do. Hopefully the ALCS and World Series will be on Fox. THX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.