1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

RSN - FSNO - HD availability

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by donebetter, Apr 3, 2013.

1. donebetter

donebetter New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Hello All,

I'm a Directv subscriber (10+ years) who's looking seriously at moving to Dish. Looking over channel availability everything looks real good but what has me spooked a bit is what sounds like the part-time allotment made to RSN's. I watch a lot of the MN Wild and Twins on this channel (Fox Sports North) and Directv has HD coverage available all the time -- or at least when I'm watching. I haven't been able to quantify how much part-time coverage there is with Dish. Can anyone shine light on this issue specifically to FSNO or more generally for RSNs? If it's a one-in-a-while thing, no biggie.

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    RSN HD feeds are usually turned on for most pro games (some areas may have a lower percentage than others) and a few college games along with some pre-game shows, post-game may be cut off if the game goes late. Almost all other programs are not. Note that long time Dish customers have been wishing for full time rsn's for some time now. It is also usually noted that if you want sports, Direct TV may be better suited for you than Dish.

3. speedboat

speedboat AllStar

Sep 22, 2009
    98% of every live Twins, Wild, Timberwolves or Gopher game will be in HD.

But the 2% will drive you nuts!