1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

RSP's

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by georgexplorer, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Nov 5, 2008 #1 of 12
    georgexplorer

georgexplorer New Member

Nov 5, 2008
    A few of the RSP's names are abbreviations, can anyone help me figure out what they satnd for?:confused:

ACS
    ADS
    AEI
    DRS
    Via

2. Nov 5, 2008 #2 of 12
    TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    What does RSP stand for? :confused:

3. Nov 5, 2008 #3 of 12
    georgexplorer

georgexplorer New Member

Nov 5, 2008
    RSP
    Residential Service Provider

4. Nov 5, 2008 #4 of 12
    Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    What's a Residential Service Provider?

5. Nov 5, 2008 #5 of 12
    puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo Hall Of Fame

Sep 2, 2007
    They provide installations and service calls in areas where providers don't have their own dispatch.

6. Nov 5, 2008 #6 of 12
    georgexplorer

georgexplorer New Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Figured one out;
    AEI - Alternative Entertainment Inc.

7. Nov 5, 2008 #7 of 12
    BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    It's a (usually big) contractor that handles Dish installations in areas where Dish doesn't have a local office. Dish has their own offices with "in-house" techs in many larger metro areas, but there are a lot of places where it isn't economical for Dish to have such a setup, so they contract all the work out to an RSP.

8. Nov 5, 2008 #8 of 12
    TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    An RSP, of course. :)

9. Nov 6, 2008 #9 of 12
    Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    Last week I saw 2 different Dish Network trucks in my neighborhood. One had a different phone number on the side 1-888-DISH123 and it had Georgia plates (I'm in the Cleveland, Ohio suburbs). The other one had the usual 1-800-333-3474. I presume the truck with the regular Dish number was an in-house. But why would a (presumed) subcontractor from Georgia run a truck up here when there are other (presumably) in house installers?

10. SattManager

SattManager Cool Member

Apr 15, 2008
    RSP is actually a Regional Service Provider. I know this because i work for one. Just to clear that up. Essentially IIP hit the nail on the head. Dish doesnt have inhouse techs in this market so we provide the labor for them for the majority of the residential and commercial work that comes up. Several of them do things differently as the company i work for supplies the vans and pays hourly and some do piece meal work.

DRS = Digital Reception Services

11. SattManager

SattManager Cool Member

Apr 15, 2008
    But why would a (presumed) subcontractor from Georgia run a truck up here when there are other (presumably) in house installers?

What happens from time to time is that the " calendars" start to stretch out meaning that Dish wants to get an installer out to your home within a certain time frame....but if there is a lack of installers or just an over abundance on customers ordering work they will from time to time have installers from another region come in.

12. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    My little install company is doing work in Cleveland; there used to be 2 large RSPs in Ohio, and one of them left, so Ohio has been behind. I'm moving my company out there, as there is virtually no Dish work in California for subs. Ohio has no local Dish offices, and no "in-house" techs, but when any area gets way behind, Dish will send in-house techs from other areas of the country to work for a week or so to help get them caught up.

The "local" vans in Ohio actually belong to the RSP, not to Dish, again because Dish doesn't have a local office there. Except for the occasional backlog where in-house guys come in from elsewhere, all of the Ohio installers are contractors. And the contractor is a good one; they are very focused on install quality and customer service. They've been great to work with so far.