1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RV User Question

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by Gsimmers, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Gsimmers

Gsimmers New Member

Nov 19, 2011
    I have TurboHD Dish with a DPP LNB connected to a Vip222K receiver in an RV. Which LNB connection (1, 2, 3,) is the ideal connection to use for a single run to the DPP Separator connected to the receiver sat1 in and sat2 in?

Which satellite should be used when tuning the dish for optimum reception.

I am assuming LNB IN is to combine a OTA Antenna with the feed from the dish to be used with a diplexer at the receiver?

Sometimes it takes me all day and I end up with only a handful of channels. when I tune to the others I get a total signal loss error and have to power off the receiver and back on changing the channel.

I am mostly located in south central PA.

Thanks for any help.

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Use line 1.

All satellites should be considered when fine tuning the dish. For coarse tuning, the center satellite in the constellation is where you start.

The input is used for reception from another orbital slot. It is NOT for use with OTA. If you want to diplex OTA, you need a complementary pair of diplexers between the LNB and the ViP222K.

I'm not sure that you have the best dish for your location. I was under the impression that the TurboHD dish was for western (Western Arc) locations and you may benefit from using a 1000.4 (Eastern Arc) dish.

Which satellites are you shooting at?

Do you have locals from a large coastal market?

3. Gsimmers

Gsimmers New Member

Nov 19, 2011
    This is the dish I was sold by the installer and the same as the one on my house. The dish on the house goes to a splitter or combiner because I have 4 dual tuner receivers and 8 televisions. My local market is DC which is only about 60 miles away.

Thanks for the info.

4. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Washington DC is an Eastern Arc market so you should be coarse aiming on 72.7W. If you're not sure about the azimuth, it may help to put foil over the outer two LNBs to insure that the correct feed horn is seeing the 72.7W slot.

Always consult http://www.dishpointer.com for the most up-to-date aiming information.