1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

S342 for HwS in the Wild, anyone . . .

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by FarmerBob, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FarmerBob

FarmerBob Godfather

Nov 27, 2002
    Just read over at SatGuys that S342 started rolling out yesterday. Anyone get it yet and what have you discovered Fixed or Broken?

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    without official notes accompanied new version of FW, there is nothing to discover

3. FarmerBob

FarmerBob Godfather

Nov 27, 2002
    I'm sure that once people start getting it on their machines, they'll have "discovered" what has been fixed, broken and rebroken and have plenty to post.

"Notes!" "Notes!" "We doan need no stinking notes!"

4. Apr 8, 2014 #4 of 25
    SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle Legend

May 7, 2006
    Have not noticed anything different here.

Sent from my iPad 4 128GB using DBSTalk mobile app

5. tmds78

tmds78 New Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    I am a FSM for a RSP for Dishnetwork. We are seeing major problems with software s342 with the auto and manual check switch's on the installation of new receivers. The check switch screen is coming back with all X's for satellites however shows connected to 3 lnb's, dpp33 switch and solo node. However you can still read signal on the signal strength screen just fine. Engineers thus far can not tell us why it displays this way however if we let the receiver sit it will eventually just start working. Joey software updates are now also taking up to 30 min to complete. This is very frustrating for the tech's even though they can verify signal behind the receiver with their super buddy but they have no idea if the receiver will acctually work untill they see programming. They just have to sit and wait for 30 min with their fingers crossed. With the customer watching this does not instill confidence in anyone

6. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    I wonder if this is only happening in HI? I downloaded a couple Hoppers this week and have had no issues with them. The Joey software download also went quickly, no longer than it has in the past.

7. FarmerBob

FarmerBob Godfather

Nov 27, 2002
    Well, 347 is said to be on it's way by about the 9th of May with many fixes. Fingers Crossed. I have just become numb to all that is going on and biting the bullet. Just realized that I have missing recordings. But would never know it with all else going on. Not sure if I have watched all that I do have 100% or not. It says I have so I guess I have.

8. May 9, 2014 #8 of 25
    TimCoh

TimCoh Cool Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Well it is 05/09 no S347. S342 is very buggy. Dish is destroying the Hopper. Might be time to look into DTV and Genie.

9. May 9, 2014 #9 of 25
    some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    I'd give it a couple of weeks.

10. RBA

RBA Active Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Yes they should be able to rush some more errors out in a couple of weeks.

11. thomasjk

thomasjk Legend

Jan 10, 2006
    Those reports came from Dish employees who test the sw before we beta test it. :eek:

12. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...

pretty obvious, the beta testing must be executed at dish site, should be not done by customer! :(

13. FarmerBob

FarmerBob Godfather

Nov 27, 2002
    Well rumors all over the net say that S347 is due to start spooling on the 9th. Just really curious as to what it's suppose to fix. And what it'll break?

Hoping for the best. Fingers Crossed . . . .

UPDATE:
    It's the 9th and I haven't gotten it yet. Looking forward to the fixes.

14. FarmerBob

FarmerBob Godfather

Nov 27, 2002
    Guess they've let out a couple S347's and the real fix is S502. It's the 17th and I haven't seen either yet, but I've read that many have it. One or the other, all headed to S502. So . . .

I'm anxious.

15. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    when new version came, it would be more appropriate create new thread for avoid confusion other people

now I would ask Mods to spin off last few posts in new thread with correct version number

16. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    One reason why most companies do not pre-announce things like new firmware, is because stuff happens... and dates are missed... and you set off all kinds of bad reactions from customers who had expectations based upon your announcements of things not yet ready.

I could be wrong, I sometimes am, but I do not believe Dish officially announces any upcoming firmware to the public. They might share info internally, and maybe some of this info leaks to other Web sites who "announce" it unofficially. Sometimes a CSR may also go rogue and talk to customers about upcoming firmware or features. I can guarantee, though, that corporate would not like this practice as all it does is set them up to fail in the eyes of customers. Companies are not always good at cracking down on internal and external leaks, though... so stuff gets out.

17. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
  18. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...

You are mistaken in general approach. Not sure why ...
    Perhaps you missed charlie chats, but there they used a practice of announcement of future FW version(s) and its feature and bugs elimination.

Nope. It was. It should be. Or all customers are treat as free workforce ie "beta" testers.

19. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    It has been a few years, but I do not recall announcements of FW versions or bug discussion in chats. We did get release notes in the past ... and a nice page of what software versions were current. But the release notes became vague and then basically disappeared. Current discussion seems to be leak based not release based.

20. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    He did post it as too generalized release - like total blanket for past, present and future....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.