1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Samsung beats Apple in the J.D. Power tablet satisfaction surgery. but did they.???

Discussion in 'The OT' started by peds48, Nov 5, 2013.

1. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
  2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Better is better period.
    Cost is a whole different subject.

I have often heard, "It works really well for what I paid for it". To me that means I did not spend much so I don't expect much.

I am a newbie to the tablets. I recently bought myself and my 89 year old mother an Ipad 2 so we could Facetime since she is over 1,000 miles away from me.
    She uses I almost daily and talks / sees her grand daughter in South Carolina, one in Miami, Fl, her daughter in Tampa, Fl and when she is on trips all over the country and to me here in Texas.
    My sister set it up for her before giving it to her. It took her just 2 days to get familiar with the Facetime feature.

They definitely need to change the weighting of each category to get a real result.

3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Exactly, how the "won" the survey is beyond me! Apple beat them in every category but price. There is a reason why the lost there, reliability, functionality, design, features does cost money.....

So perhaps, I could of have won just by having a piece of paper.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

4. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Ah, another JD Powers conundrum (I really like that word). I'll bet a lot of folks at JD's headquarters got Sammy tablets for this one.

Rich

5. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Wow! By this measure, Yugos are way better than Benzes..... Folgers better than Peet's.... HR22's better than HR44's..... Canned peas better than fresh.....

Someone come up with a better analogy, please! :)

6. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Anything better than(fill in the blanks) sex.