1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung Touch of Color

Discussion in 'Local Reception' started by MrDad0330, Sep 14, 2008.

1. MrDad0330

MrDad0330 Godfather

Jun 16, 2007
    Etters, Pa
    I just purchased my dream HDTV, a Samsung LN52A650A1F. What exactly is "a touch of color"? I do see a faint reddish edging around the frame. It looks like there is electronics in there. Is that reddish edging suppose to faintly glow? Actually in a darker room your cant see the coloring the frame just looks black, so I wonder what is so great about this "Touch or Color" unless it is suppose to illuminate.
    Other than that....WOW..what a picture!

2. wideglide36

wideglide36 Legend

Jan 14, 2004
    Congrats on the tv.

I also just purchased this same tv and it is fantastic.

The toc is just the slight red color around the bezel. I cannot see it in the dark either.

I'm still hooking up all my other toys to the tv. It's like xmas in September.

Have fun with your new baby!

3. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    This isn't really an HD DVR issue, I'm moving the thread.

4. MrDad0330

MrDad0330 Godfather

Jun 16, 2007
    Etters, Pa
    Stewart, sorry about that. I was trying to start a new thread and wasnt quite sure how to be "on topic" The closest topic I found was HDTV and that is the name of this thread. HDTV Forum...not HD-DVR as you imply.
    Wideglide..yepper I it is Christmas here and loving watching football and all. I was on my 32" Olevia before... I even did the CE friday (0x279) night and set it up on 1080P and downloaded The Bank Job and it works perfectly. I know some Sony and other mfgs sets are having issues with "D" on 1080P. Not me...

5. dngrant

dngrant AllStar

Aug 25, 2006
    The reddish color surrounding the TV. I have the 46" version and it is GORGEOUS

6. pikespeakhiker

pikespeakhiker Mentor

Jul 26, 2008
    Yep, have a 46a750 and 40a650. Love them both. Everybody that sees them (which really means everybody that doesn't have this class of LCD - which beats plasma hands down) raves about the picture!

7. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Just make sure you watch them in a dark room. One of the knocks on toc's, is that the red bezel actually gives the picture a red push visually. It's just the way the eye works. It's also why most manufacturers just make them black - more accurate colors that way. If you're watching in a dark room it shouldn't matter.

8. Oct 7, 2008 #8 of 10
    xxplayactionxx

xxplayactionxx New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    My 25 sammy monitor is touch of color. I like it, but side to side against a piano black finish is different, but not necessarily better.

9. Oct 7, 2008 #9 of 10
    CoriBright

CoriBright Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

May 30, 2002
    Seems to be a popular choice, we got the 63" a month ago now! Truly beautiful picture. And the 4 HDMIs are already occupied!

10. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    If you can afford it, be sure to get it ISF calibrated. I just had my 2 Sony HD's done and the difference is startling.

(I used Lion AV)