1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

San Francisco HD locals - any odd problems?

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by phrelin, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Anyone else have this problem? We occasionally get this curious phenomenon mostly on ABC 7 where the screen breaks up into six smaller panels. It is related to pixel loss which occurs more frequently with all the network locals in HD, and of course it goes away as soon as an ad appears.

We keep thinking it has something to do with how we use the 722 system - recording two HD programs while watch another and skipping through commercials. But the timing of the problem implies that it may be the feed.

2. davidxlai

davidxlai AllStar

Jan 20, 2006
    Yes I have seen that. It usually happens during evenings.

3. elbodude

elbodude Legend

Jul 13, 2006
    I see it too, has been going on for several years.

4. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Based on the affirmative responses, I am going to pursue this with Dish tech online to see if they are even aware of it. I'll just have to set aside a few hours a day for a week to get an answer from someone. Frankly, I think it has to do with the uplink, but who knows.

5. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    Yep, see it often. I thought it might be due to poor signal from the locals to Dish, but I have no info.

6. curtisleewander

curtisleewander New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Yes I have seen it, what worked for me was to turn off the tv and turn it on again. Additionally, if you are using a splitter on your tv cable, this makes the quality slighly less, which could be producing the problem. Furthermore, a very strange quirk that worked for my tv was to completely mute the tv program. This for whatever reason solved the problem. I think it hads something to do with residual volume/video distortion that happens when the video and volume are delayed due to normal programming, but delaying an unequal amount of time, which prdouces power surges in either the volume or video, (in this case video) which distorts your ppi.

On a separate note, does anyone know what song is being played in the directv hd satellite commercial? The one where there is a satellite flying over earth and it says 100 channels. In the background there is kind of a hip hop sounding song being played, and I was wondering what song it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.