1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Sat alignment tool

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by FastNOC, Aug 2, 2010.

1. FastNOC

FastNOC Godfather

Sep 11, 2007
    Is there a local place I can pick up an alignment tool in most metro cities? like a radio shack etc?

The morons living next to me pushed my dish about 40% and calling dish they said TWO DAYS to get someone to come realign. I need to get a tool instead of pay them to way extended periods. Plus it would pay for itself after so many fixes.

Thoughts?

2. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
  3. SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg New Member

Aug 30, 2004
    Depending on how many Sats your antenna is seeing, you may be able to align it without the "tool." In the days when you did your own installs many of us aligned Dish 500s to get two sats... 110 and 119 in my case. Now with Cell phones you don't even need to lug a TV out onto the roof as I did years ago.

Might get you something until a Tech arrives.