1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sat C kit online seller (besides D*)?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by DBSPaul, Aug 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DBSPaul

DBSPaul Mentor/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 26, 2002
    Anyone know of where to get a SatC kit other than through D*? I prefer to stay away from yet another "yearly commitment" deal if I can..

2. hankb11

hankb11 New Member

Mar 26, 2003
    I purchased mine on e-bay from opmsatellite. It was 28.95 plus shipping and handling. I received it two days later.

3. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    110degrees.com (yes it's a real website :) ) is selling the Sat C kit for $37.95, with free shipping.

4. Bob Haller

Bob Haller Banned User

Mar 24, 2002
    Will it fit a standard round E dish? I Or a dish 500? using seperate LNBs? I have line of site issues that will require a seperate dish for 101. so the 3 slot oval dish will not work. I have a extra 500 already aimed at 110 and 119. Can I just install LNBs and go?

Any good sources for D switches. I am planning 3 D TIVOs

At the moment my plan is to put up the dishes, cabing, and switches. Then wait for a great new sub offer. After all your only new once:(

Wonder if D will package a HD TIVO with a HD TV? Anyone who gets a HD TV will want a DVR / TIVO. Frankly I think building a non DVR for HD is a waste of time.

I want to install this myself. I just had AOL out here and after they came to install a dsl net splitter and didnt have a masonary screw to mount it on my home I dont need other clueless people here. At least the guy was pleasant.

5. DBSPaul

Mar 26, 2002
    Bob- I'm running off of old E* stuff info (not the newer DishPro stuff), but the base of D* LNBs is rectangular, while my older E* stuff is more of a "D" shape. So you might have mounting issues with E* equipment. The SatC LNB just shifts the transponders at 110 to "unused" (think D*-wise) transponders at 119 - there is a combiner included that you put on one of the 119 lines (I don't know which polarity yet).

Actually, I saw a Terk 5x8 powered multiswitch at my local Circuit City for something like $159. In the past, I've never seen anything beyond a 4 output multiswitch at a B&M store, so it kinda surprised me.

(Duh. eBay. Why couldn't I think of that?)
    :rolleyes:

6. Bob Haller

Bob Haller Banned User

Mar 24, 2002
    I would need more than a multiswitch for 3 slot service.

7. DBSPaul

Mar 26, 2002
    I'm using one 5x8 multiswitch for 2 slot service for 8 receiver outputs, and by adding a SatC kit (which is ahead of the multiswitch effectively on the 119 slot) that setup will service 3 slots. Don't let 5x8 confuse you - it's really 4x8 + OTA. If you choose to connect an antenna to the multiswitch, then you need diplexors on all the receiver outputs, but I run my antenna feed over separate coax.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.