1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sat Picture Problems

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by y_not, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. y_not

y_not Legend

Mar 10, 2007
    I have been experiencing problems with quick flashes in the picture, or a fast line appering for a frame or so while watching recorded programs.

I have no idea if it does it live, because I seldom watch anything whatsoever live. Liek what's the point of a DVR to watch live, eh?

I have had this problem on TLC SD for several months, I record the 'house flip-it' shows & about 5-10x a min. it would flash a black line across the top 1/3 of the screen. This would be a constant & repeatable.

Now with the new HD channels, it seems worse.
    I'm thinking it has something to do with the signal, or recording as it's capturable in a frame, repeatedly.

Here's some screen caps. I think these will speak for themselves.
    All my signal levels seem quite high, especially on the new 103b sat.
    But don't hesitate to tell me exactly what to look for in the signal levels, as it's always been a little mystic to me. IE. which transponders/sats. should produce what range. Which ones should be offline, etc.. What's good/bad range, that sorta thing. I have a general concept, but never a full education if you will. :grin:

Here's the pics: http://tinyurl.com/38fkwj
    Please read the captions!
    Also...
    Please excuse my camera, it has no exposure control, you get slow exposure with flash off & fast with it on. Also, i have no tripod.

2. mexican-bum

mexican-bum "Jack Of All Trades, Master Of Some"

Feb 25, 2006
    Doesn't appear to be a problem that would be related to signal, possibly a hdmi problem:confused:

3. y_not

y_not Legend

Mar 10, 2007
    How could it be when I can repeat those frames time & time again. Meaning I can pause it in the same spot & get the same results. But other spots are fine, coming back again to the bad spots & still seeing the same picture & the same results.

If it were a cable, it'd be random, unpredictable & just plain erratic.

4. y_not

y_not Legend

Mar 10, 2007
    Bump!

5. phat78boy

phat78boy Hall Of Fame

Sep 12, 2007
    How are you singals for your sats? Do you have a splitter to your D* receivers? If you have more then one HR20, do you see this on those?

6. y_not

y_not Legend

Mar 10, 2007
    which Sats should I check, all of them or certain ones?
    Also, i was told by DTV that on the 101 those ones running down the center, like 7, 13, etc.. (I'm doing this from memory) are supposed to have low signal in my area, or just period.

Is that right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.