1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

SAT Problems Today 9/17

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by khearrean, Sep 17, 2013.

1. khearrean

khearrean Godfather

Mar 24, 2004
    S.E. Texas
    Is anyone else having issues with a majority of the SAT channels gone? My wife tried to go up to her LIfetime channels & discovered they, along with a whole lot more channels had disappeared. I tried calling Dish, but all I can get is a constant busy signal.

Ken

2. sregener

sregener Godfather

Apr 17, 2012
    I lost a ton of channels from My Channels including ESPN and my locals. I'm also activated for Superstations and some premium channels (HBO/Showtime) that I don't subscribe to. I'm guessing it's a snafu with their order system, and the constant busy signal would mean that they're aware of the problem. Fixing it....?

3. rjruby

rjruby AllStar

Dec 29, 2002
    I lost all my locals and news channel too.

4. Steve H

Steve H Icon

May 15, 2006
    I lost most of my channels a few minutes ago. Tried to call DISH but can't get through.

5. smackman

smackman Godfather

Sep 18, 2006
    Same here; Seems it is HD Channels

6. parlyle

parlyle AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 19, 2003
    I lost all of my HD Stations. No luck calling Dish. Who jammed the satellites?

7. Steve H

Steve H Icon

May 15, 2006
    It would be nice if someone from DISH would jump in and let us know what is going on.

8. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    Ditto.

9. khearrean

khearrean Godfather

Mar 24, 2004
    S.E. Texas
    Any "DIRT" folks out there who can shed some light on this issue for us?

Ken

10. Ramer84015

Ramer84015 Mentor

Sep 24, 2006
    I also lost most of my channels a few hours ago and can't get through to Dish. While it would be nice to get a response in the forums, they really should post the outage on the main Dish.com website.

11. Steve H

Steve H Icon

May 15, 2006
    It's fixed

12. TheGrove

TheGrove AllStar

Jan 9, 2007
    Yep, from the dish support forum:

From a tweet from @Dish_Answers:

"We're currently experiencing a system issue that's causing problems with authorization for channels."

13. sregener

sregener Godfather

Apr 17, 2012
    Looks better now, though I didn't go through the whole list. ESPN was back.

14. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I guess I missed all of the fun. Everything was ok when I turned my receiver on ~3pm... so I guess all the trouble was resolved before that.

15. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    It's interesting that of the posters here, only a moderator and one other person gives their location. That means we cannot even tell if the problem was limited to the Eastern or Western Arc, much less be able to start to determine what might be the issue.

16. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    I just made an interesting discovery. I was checking my Timers after this morning's outage and found that, although they were all listed, the timers corresponding to the channels that were out this morning were empty - no scheduled programs within the Timers. Rebooting didn't solve the issue; even a cold boot (disconnect power - wait - reconnect power) didn't solve it.

In the end, I had to do a Check Switch test to force an EPG download, wait a few minutes, and then check my Timers ... everything was restored as it was before the outage, and I didn't have to recreate them all.

If you haven't downloaded a new copy of the EPG, you might want to take a look at the contents of your Timers. If it's all gone, perhaps what I did will help.

Good luck!

1 person likes this.
  17. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    It was everywhere ...

DISH made a change affecting nearly all of their channels at 12:46pm ET and reversed it at 1:51pm ET.
    It showed up in my uplink monitoring ... which isn't designed to handle 8792 changes. :)

18. allen98311

allen98311 AllStar

Jan 18, 2006
    On my hopper I lost almost all channels from my custom list, I switched to all channels and it listed the channels that I don't subscribe to and not very many that I do. When i switched to them it was just a black screen.

19. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    [SIZE=medium]Khearrean,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]Technical issues preventing customers from viewing certain channels and using certain functions on their program guides have been resolved. This event may have impacted scheduled DVR recordings. We appreciate our customers’ patience.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]Thanks[/SIZE]

20. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    It could be due to the fires in Colorado.