1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Satelite Question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by Mrpalmer420, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrpalmer420

Mrpalmer420 Legend

Jan 9, 2007
    I recently had a R15 installed with a new satelite. I will eventually be upgrading my TV to HDTV and at that time will want the HR20.

My question is will i need the 5 lnb dish or can i use the one that they installed with the R15?

2. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    If you are now on the 3LNB dish, D* will install the AT-9 or AU-9 when you go HD so that you will have receive capability for all the new channels.

It will probably be the AU-9 Slimline and it does receive 5 sats.

3. Mrpalmer420

Mrpalmer420 Legend

Jan 9, 2007
    Since I live in an apartment and alreadyu have this dish on a wooden post in a cemented flowerpot, Will the added size of this dish be a problem IYO.

Also will there be more then two lines coming out of the Dish?

Thank you very much for any response. This is by far the best message board I have ever been on for any subject.

4. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    The 5-LNB dish is somewhat larger, and at least twice as heavy, as the 3-LNB dish. It requires a 2" mast/pipe, which is larger than the pipe for the 3-LNB dish. I'm not sure how a wooden post would support the dish properly.

To run a single HR20 hi-def DVR you will need 2 lines from the dish. To run anything in addition, you will need additional wiring.

Carl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.