1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Satellite 118 Transponder 16

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by gorseelai, Dec 1, 2012.

1. gorseelai

gorseelai New Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Hi all,

Long time Directv Subscriber, and new to Dish Network. Just had a Hopper and Joey installed two days ago. Was running Menu > Systems > Diagnostics > System Status on the Hopper. After running the Diagnostics, on System Status Page 1 I found Satellite 118 contains a yellow box and the rest of the Satellites 119 110 & 129 all have Green box. Under the details page, it shows status is Good, but shows that between 7:36am 11/30 and 10:35pm 11/30 it had 1 signal loss.

So I decided to see what the signal strength on each satellites and found Satellite 118 transponder 16 has no signal at all, but the rest of the satellites on 119 110 & 129 are running fine.

Does anybody has this same issue? I don't believe Satellite 118 Transponder 16 is carrying any programming on Dish Network. Just want to see if I need to schedule a technician visit.

Thanks in advance,

Gor

2. chiodo

chiodo New Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Transponder 16 on 118.7 is not operational for Dish.

Also does your Dish have an LNB for 118? You would have either a 500+ or 1000+ dish to get 118., most likely you have a 1000.4 or 1000.2 dish that does not receive 118.7

And it would not normally be installed unless you are subscribing to international channels.

3. gorseelai

gorseelai New Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Yes, I did subscribe to Top 200 and Jadeworld (international package). I am not sure which dish I have, but I do receive channel 9583, 9598 and 9599.

So I shouldn't concern about transponder 16 on Satellite 118 at all?

Thanks!

4. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    Do you lose signal while watching your international programming? Please let me know. Thanks.

5. gorseelai

gorseelai New Member

Dec 1, 2012
    I don't but every time I do a system status test, the 118 satellite always has a yellow box and the detail page shows I had 1 signal loss on a certain time. Would that particular signal loss message refers to the non operational transponder 16 on Satellite 18?

6. gorseelai

gorseelai New Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Finally I was able to find out where is the problem. Satellite 118 Transponder 1 on Tuner 3 is getting extremely low signal strength (around 10%). I will need to set up a service call. Hopefully Dish will not charge me the $15 service visit since the install was only completed last week.