1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Satellite Meter Question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by xxplayactionxx, Sep 25, 2008.

1. xxplayactionxx

xxplayactionxx New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Hi everyone. New to the board, first post. I did a search regarding this topic but I wasn't able to find the answer to my question. I need to know if there is a device that will let me determine if a location has adequate line of sight for DTV. I will not have access to a STB or dish, just a footprint of where a dish would be installed. I most likely would not have access to a/c power as well. Is there anything out there like that? Any input would really help me out. Thanks!

2. jodyguercio

jodyguercio New Member

Aug 16, 2007
    go to www.dishpointer.com enter your address and it will give you a rough estimate of LOS.