1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Satellite signal strength meter?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Greg Mueller, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greg Mueller

Greg Mueller Cool Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Can someone recommend an inexpensive satellite signal strength meter?
    I see them on Ebay for $20-$30 for a little kit. Are those any good?
    I want to take my Dish 1000 down and build a sturdier more tweekable mount for it, but when I put it back up it would be handy to have a meter to help with the initial pointing. The kid that came out to do the install had one of those $25 meters that he claimed he paid $100 for.

2. Nightlife1970

Nightlife1970 Legend

Aug 10, 2005
    Those 20 - 30 meters suck. It's easier to use the meter on the receiver. Just have someone that can tell you when the strength is good.

3. Greg Mueller

Greg Mueller Cool Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Yah I was just looking for something to get me in the ball park, and then have the wife watch the TV while I tweak.
    The "installer" had one of those cheapies and that's all he did! Not surprised I'm getting loss of signal messages. They're supposed to come backand fix it, but it will probably be him again :nono2:
    Having a machine shop I thought I might build a mount that would have "fine tuning" screws for all the adjustments.

4. swiety

swiety New Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Try to find these on Ebay:ChannelMaster,SSM-22 Aspen Eagle,Tenma-Those are analog battery-powered really good meters

5. Greg Mueller

Greg Mueller Cool Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.