1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Satelliteracer - NBA LP Subscribers Need Your Help

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by sdpadres, Nov 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdpadres

sdpadres Mentor

Sep 7, 2004
    Satelliteracer, I've been following your NHL posts and you seemed to have help out with the NHL package. The NBA LP subscribers are looking for you help. We are being blacked out of games many of us believe we should not. Example - tonight's Nugget's-Bulls game. The game is available to everyone in SD but 727 appears on the HD channel. The only folks able to watch the HD version of Altitude are in folks in the Denver DMA.

I have a couple of questions that you might be able to help me out with.
    1) Why doesn't the NBA LP show the away feed if a team is showing it in HD. Example - tonight's Sacramento - Suns game. The SD feed is from Comcast Sportsnet NW. FSN Phoenix is showing the game in HD. Why can"t DirecTV show the FSN feed on the -1 channel?

2) My zip is 08055. I can watch the Nets in SD but am blacked out of the HD version. I spent 1.5 hours on the phone with various DirecTV CSR without resloution.

Any help, guidance, or insight you can provide would be much appreciated!

2. Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer Hall Of Fame

Dec 6, 2006

I'll see what I can do....I'm on the road right now but will send something through.

3. Crypter

Crypter Godfather

Jun 21, 2007
    This is a post from another thread. I am describing how LP "should" work.

I live in Minnesota so I do not see a conflict with letting me watch whichever feed is in HD. If both feeds (awany/home) are in HD then I am fine being able to only see one. But at least 1 HD feed (if available) should be open to all LP subscribers.

4. cforrest

cforrest Icon

Jan 20, 2007
    The reason us, NBALP subs, didn't get the FSN Phoenix feed is NBA LP takes the home teams feed usually. In this case it was CSN Sac & D* hasn't completed the fiber hookup to the channels facility. So we only got the SD version of the game. If the NBALP feed was FSN Phoenix, then I am sure we would have gotten both the SD & HD feeds. NBA doesn't allow 2 feeds to be carried like the NHL does. It would be great if that changed though.

The real issue, is the Bulls-Nuggets game tonight. Altitude HD is carried by D* and we should have not gotten 727 messages on the HD feed for those of us outside the Denver DMA. Someone messed up.

5. full moon

full moon Legend

Sep 3, 2007
    Yes, please help..

6. sdpadres

sdpadres Mentor

Sep 7, 2004
    Thanks Satelliteracer for getting back to us so quickly. Any help or information you can provide is much appreciated!

7. pbg

pbg Godfather

Oct 11, 2007
    We just need to understand what to expect. League Pass currently is different than Center Ice in the sense that I believe the NBA only allows DirecTV to show the home team’s feed of a game out of a particular viewer's DMA. Obviously, if the home team is not televising the game, the road teams feed could be used.

So in the example of last night, Folks in Chicago would be blacked out of both of the Altitude feeds, SD & HD, regardless if Comcast Sportsnet Chicago was only broadcasting the game in SD.

The rest of us, I believe, should have been receiving Altitude’s HD feed along with the SD feed. That appeared to be an authorization error. It was determined that it was being broadcasted in the Denver DMA in HD.

I think we should also try to keep these issues tidy, and in one thread like it was done for Center Ice. It will keep things concise and make it easier for those that can help, to help.

8. sdpadres

sdpadres Mentor

Sep 7, 2004

Satelliteracer, Can you help me out with question #2? I'm still able to see the Net games in SD, but are blacked out of the HD game.

9. celticpride

celticpride Icon

Sep 6, 2006
    directv needs to negociate with the NBA to allow them to televise both sd and HD feeds from BOTH teams telecast,this way we can watch our favorite teams announcers and telecast!!!!!!!

10. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    amen... i would much rather listen to my teams announcers...

11. Crypter

Crypter Godfather

Jun 21, 2007
    Speaking of NBA.. MY boy DWade is back in All-Star form and I am loving it. Especially since he is on my Fantasy team.

12. alevine1986

alevine1986 Godfather

Jul 10, 2007
    Wade is really helping with that 6-15 record! As a Knicks fan, I can only talk trash to Heat fans because they're the only team in the East with a worse record.

13. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    there will be no Heat trash talking in any way, shape, or form... ;)

14. Crypter

Crypter Godfather

Jun 21, 2007
    Yea that won't be for long. Wade had not played in a long time and was coming of Knee and Shoulder surgeries. The last 3 games are probably the only ones in which he has looked "normal" he torched the Suns in Phoenix and the CLippers in LA on back to back nights and has averaged 30+ points and 10+ assists for the last 3 games.

15. bwaldron

bwaldron Impossible Dreamer

Oct 24, 2005
    I believe that they have attempted to do that (as they did for the NHL this season), but were turned down by the NBA. God know why -- I guess maybe the league doesn't want DirecTV to have a edge on other providers.

16. sdpadres

sdpadres Mentor

Sep 7, 2004
    Satelliteracer, I noticed tonight that the Cleveland - Memphis NBA game used two different feeds. The SD feed was from FSN South and the HD feed was from FSN Ohio. Should we expect this on a regular basis? Hopefully, if a HD feed is available it will be used. Has the NBA changed their stance on this? Any insight you can provide would be much appreciated!

Thanks again for fixing the NJ Nets blackout issue for me. I've had no problems since.

17. celticpride

celticpride Icon

Sep 6, 2006
    WHY does directv take so long to put the HD game in the guide? its 12 p.m. on west coast the celtics play at 4:30 p.m. , the game is listed on 754 but not 754-1 and i know the game is in HD since there playing at boston,and all their home games are televised in HD. I may not be here toset up my dvrto record it in hd,so why cant directv put both the sd and hd game inthe guide at the same time???

18. celticpride

celticpride Icon

Sep 6, 2006
    I found the game listed in guide on channel 620-1 which is comcast sportsnet new england, but i prefer to record it on on theNBA LEAGUE PASS HD CHANNEL (754-1) this way i know i'll defenetly get the game, I remember once a couple years ago i set my tivo to record a celtics game on channel 620 instead of the nba league channel on 751 and it didn't record the gameon 620 because it was on 751 the nba league pass channel,ANYWAY ever since then i only will set my dvr to record on the nba league pass channel,or in this case the nba league pass HD channel!

19. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    +1, they need to see what can be done about this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.