1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Saving Timers & New(er) DVRs?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by ggulch, May 25, 2014.

1. ggulch

ggulch Cool Member

Jul 25, 2007
    1st topic - Has Dish ever come up with a way for users to save timers and transfer them to a replacement DVR? One of my 622s is doing random frequent reboots, sometimes in the middle of a recording, so it's being replaced.

2nd topic - We're moving in a couple of months and I'm planning on getting new DVRs. The new place is wired for HDMI (and everything else, too). I'll use a HDMI matrix router to send HDMI from either DVR to any of 4 primary TVs. The DVRs will be rack mounted in the room with my editing computers so I can dump programming directly into them.

The question is which DVRs to get? I do want to be able to record OTA from the networks.

TIA,
    Ron

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    On your first question, newer Dish DVRs do backup settings and timers to the remote control... so you can restore them if you swap receivers. I don't think there is any retroactive compatibility, though, for Dish receivers that currently do not support the feature.

As to "what DVR" to get... it depends on how you view your TV and what features you like. The Hopper/Joey setup is the latest and greatest... you ought to read up in our Hopper/Joey forum here and see what people are saying there about it.