1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saw Paul McCartney Last night

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Scott Greczkowski, Sep 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Banned User

Mar 21, 2002
    I was lucky enough to be one of the folks in attendence last night at the Sold Out Paul McCartney Concert at the Hartford Civic Center last night.

I have been to a lot of concerts but last nights show was the absolute best concert I have ever been too!

Sir Paul played for over 3 hours! He took no breaks (while his band took a 15 minutes break) His voice was in great shape and I only saw him take one drink of water durring the show.

This guy may be going on 60 but he can still rock and roll like a 21 year old!

Here is his set list.

Hello, Goodbye
    Jet
    All My Loving
    Getting Better
    Coming Up
    Let Me Roll It
    Lonely Road
    Driving Rain
    Your Loving Flame
    Blackbird
    Everynight
    We Can Work It Out
    You Never Give Me Your Money/Carry That Weight
    The Fool On the Hill
    Here Today
    Something (on ukelele)
    Eleanor Rigby
    Michelle* (new addition)
    Here, There and Everywhere
    Band on the Run
    Back in the U.S.S.R.
    Maybe I'm Amazed
    Let em' In* (new addition)
    My Love
    She's Leaving Home"(new addition)
    Can't Buy Me Love
    Freedom
    Live and Let Die
    Let it Be
    Hey Jude
    Encore I
    The Long and Winding Road
    Lady Madonna
    I Saw Her Standing There
    Yesterday
    Sgt. Pepper Reprise
    The End

His set was BEYOND high tech! The set was made up of a bunch of LCD screens which were moved around the stage throughout the night to give a multimedia presentation that could not be beleived!

If hes coming to your town, pay the money and go and see this legend in concert! This is a concert I will remember and talk about for a long long time!

2. jrjcd

jrjcd Arcane Movie Trivia King DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    i would like to see this, tho i could do without live and let die...lol

3. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    It has to be quite a task to pick a set list from all the available material. Do you have a list of the back up musicians in his current band?

4. STXJim

STXJim Legend in my own mind

Apr 22, 2002
    Scott,
    It seems like you must have taken notes on the play list.
    I did that once at an Allman Brothers concert. When Duane was alive.
    I wanted to wake up and remember what I heard. ;)
    I'm sorry...I don't remember when that concert was. :D
    Life sure is a blurry memory. :shrug:

5. Timco

Timco Woof! DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 7, 2002
    Very very jealous. The best concert I ever went to was a Pink Floyd concert. Pretty amazing.

6. PeterB

PeterB Legend

Jul 25, 2002
    Werent the ticket prices a bit up there?

I saw Roger Waters play the Oakdale in '99 for 30 bucks. I never want to see a concert in the Civic again. :)

7. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    I envy you as well, I would love to see Paul McCartney. :righton:

8. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Ahhh... You can't fool me! The guy you saw was really Billy Campbell who secretly took Paul McCartney's place after Paul died in a car crash in 1966 because he picked up a hitch-hiker named Rita. She was a runaway. Her parents didn't know what they did wrong. But she was leaving home running away to a circus having to do with kites. Anyway, she didn't recognize Paul until they were driving down the motorway. She went nuts when she realized it was Paul. She caused him to lose control of the car swerve off the road into a spectacular crash! All the people that gathered round the accident site didn't know if he was from the House of Lords either. I heard the story somewhere anyway. :)

See ya
    Tony

9. markh

markh Hall Of Fame

Mar 24, 2002
    And some people think the internet was the beginning of all the rumors and conspiracy theories. :)

PS If you listen to end of Strawberry Fields speeded up, it really does sound like "cranberry sauce". Haven't tried it backwards though.

10. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    No! I'm telling you...it's "I burried Paul"! I don't care what John Lennon said later in an interview. :) It was part of the cover up.

(Before the internet I had even MORE time on my hands.)

See ya
    Tony

11. Frapp

Frapp Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    The P.M. tour is excellent indeed, now fasten your seat belts, hold on to your jock strap, hide the women and children and see if you can last through a "Rockin" Rolling Stones show currently on the road.

They are traveling with 55 tractor trailors and carrying enough generated power through -6- semis to light up four city blocks :D

Also ( For any true Rock & Rollers Here ), the current Aerosmith tour is GREAT if you can catch it and the recently completed "Cabo Wabo" tour consisting of David Lee Roth and Sammy Haggar ( this was not a show for anyone wet behind the ears ) this past summer was UNBELIEVABLE ;)

12. Scott Greczkowski

Mar 21, 2002
    Frapp the Rolling Stones are in Hartford tommorow I believe. :)

For everyone else I didn't memorize the playlist, earlier yesterday I met one of the people who worked on the show, he was standing next to me and I noticed he was wearing a McCartney Crew badge, I told him I was going to the show and asked him if he knew what some of the songs Paul would be playing, he gave me a website address which had the actual playlist that Paul would be using that night.

The list was 100% correct. :)

And Jrjcd, "Live and let Die" was probably the best and most exciting song I have ever seen done live, it openened up with the screens joining together then it made a big screen then you saw the James Bond opening where he walk in turns and shoots his gun.

When he shot his gun there was a big explosion!

Then through the rocking instrumental parts there were fireworks all over the place! From the ceilings from the stages from the screens, and at the end was a big explosion that surrounded the staages which shot flames out 20 feet in the air, the flames faded out perfectly with the end of the song.

That was the only song in the show where he used Pyro.

As I said Paul payed for over 3 hours, the local papers say he played for 3 hours and 17 minutes. all witout taking a break, (Ok he did take a 3 min break when he went in back changed his shirt to a "No more land mines" shirt and came out and did his 6 song encore set.

Tickets were expensive, $50 for the cheep seats. $175 for the floor, but it was worth it. I had floor seats for the Elton John & Billy Joel show earlier this year. And I felt like I wasted my money, even though were were close we found we watched the TV screens most of the time. :)

13. jrjcd

Apr 23, 2002
    at least the rolling stones are basically intact as a group and paul isn't running about staging "quarter beatle" concerts, unlike the "half who" who breezed thru dallas this past week(with a perfectly dreadful concert from what i hear)....

14. PeterB

PeterB Legend

Jul 25, 2002
    And if you play "Maybe I'm Amazed" backwards, you get a recipe for a really rippin' yentil soup.

:D

15. Scott Greczkowski

Mar 21, 2002
    You know what is kind of funny yet erie...

There was an ad in the $30 program they sold for the show, it has a two page ad for "Linda McCartney Meals"

Ultimately they are vegitarian meals, but I don't think I could eat one. I would thinks I was eating Linda. (Barf)

I let a freind borrow my program I will get it back tommorow and post the name of the 4 guys in the band besides Paul. THe drummer was probably the best drummer I have ever seen in my life.

16. jrjcd

Apr 23, 2002
    black humour is being quietly strangled here, and i'm staying away from the obvious....lol

17. Scott Greczkowski

Mar 21, 2002
    Ok I got my program back, here is the list of Pauls band.

Paul "Wix' Wickens on Keyboards
    Abe Laboriel Jr on Drums (the best damn drum player I have ever seen)
    Rusty Anderson - Guitar
    Brian Ray - Guitar & Bass

People around here are still talking about this show. Again if hes coming to your area spend the money and see this legend for yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.