1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saying goodbye...

Discussion in 'The OT' started by dirtyblueshirt, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:

Do you like?

1. Yes. Looks good!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No. I like cave paintings better.

100.0%
  1. dirtyblueshirt

dirtyblueshirt Under Suspicion

Dec 6, 2008
    Anaheim, CA
    Ah, My first HDTV, the first thing I bought when I moved into my first apartment three years ago... My JVC 56" DLP has departed.

In its place (at the moment) is my bedroom TV, the 26" Ölevia. it's decidedly lost in the blank spot on the wall.

Coming next weekend... I'm planning to get the 55" LG 55LH90 LED-backlit LCD TV. 240Hz, 2.3ms response, and most importantly, 1080p/24 support! (with a new stand coming from IKEA).

Attached Files:

2. Zellio

Zellio Icon

Mar 8, 2009
    Lol wii

3. Tele-TV

Tele-TV Godfather

Nov 26, 2003
    DirtyBlueShirt,

Or you asking us if we like your temporary TV (and with its surroundings)?

Or about you upcoming purchase of the LG?

Either way sorry to hear about your JVC and enjoy your LG when you get it. Just be aware that I BELIEVE there is a Lip Sync issue with this model. But you probably read about it over at AVS!

If your looking for opinions on the LG, than this thread should be moved to the High Definition Displays Forum. :)

4. dirtyblueshirt

Dec 6, 2008
    Anaheim, CA
    I mean the new setup that's coming :)

5. Tele-TV

Tele-TV Godfather

Nov 26, 2003
    The new set up that is coming is nice. It really is. The LG has a lot owners talking about the set over at AVS. And the stand. looks very classy. Again, enjoy your new set up when it arrives.

[I just got off the phone with one of my local Fry's asking one model TV I'm trying to decide on. Its fun guy stuff.]

6. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    You should be pretty happy with the LG. I'm loving my 47LH40. Not LED but the 120mhz model.

One neat thing is that it will shut off my Sony STR-DG810 surround. I'm cheap so I just use the RC64 remote to control everything. The off button gets the HR of course, the TV, then the TV tells the sony to shut off. :)

On minor annoyance. The TV does tell the sony to switch to TV (vs SAT or Video 1 for my HRs) whenever I switch inputs on the tv.

7. dirtyblueshirt

Dec 6, 2008
    Anaheim, CA
    Also, reading AVS forums the lip synch issue seems to be fixed with a recent firmware release

8. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    That's a nice set, but why go smaller? Will that new stand eliminate some of the clutter/cables?

9. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    I still have an Advent Videobeam model 1000A in storage. I think I'll fire it up and see how its picture quality compares to the modern units.

10. dirtyblueshirt

Dec 6, 2008
    Anaheim, CA
    Well, it's only about an inch smaller... I can't afford the bigger LCDs yet :) and the new stand... I don't have one anymore, the old one went with the JVC. I think the new stand will clean up some clutter, and overall go with the look I want to do in the living room overall...

11. dirtyblueshirt

Dec 6, 2008
    Anaheim, CA
    Wow. If you actually pull that off, I want some comparison photos!

12. Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy Hall Of Fame

Apr 8, 2009
    The concept is good, but please work on cable management.

13. dirtyblueshirt

Dec 6, 2008
    Anaheim, CA
    That was my idea... it's always been a pile of spaghetti back there...

14. Tele-TV

Tele-TV Godfather

Nov 26, 2003
    Thanks for getting the word out. I know I pop into the LH90 thread over at, but I just skim through it once in a while. That's cool that LG is trying to resolve/or has resolved the Lip Sync issue.

15. dirtyblueshirt

Dec 6, 2008
    Anaheim, CA
    Okay, it's official! I got the TV today! here's the new look to my HT setup... much more high-class looking...

On top is the new LG 55LH90

Also a Mac mini Core Duo

Below on the left:
    -Upper Shelf: Nintendo Wii
    -Lower Shelf: Cox 25 Mbps Cable Modem, Apple Airport Extreme (Gigabit)

In the center:
    -Upper Shelf: DirecTV HR23-700 HD DVR
    -Lower Shelf: Sony 5.1 Receiver

On the right:
    -Upper Shelf: Samsung Blu-Ray player
    -Lower Shelf: Xbox 360 & HD-DVD Player

Attached Files:

16. Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy Hall Of Fame

Apr 8, 2009
    Nice job!
    I like it.

17. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Nice setup and cabinet.

The HDTV isn't too shabby either...:D

18. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    You can't rearrange things so that your center speaker isn't sitting on the floor? The audio's going to be brutal from there.

Is there a back on that stand? With those closed doors, some of those components could get pretty hot. Additionally, even though the front is open, most receivers need a couple of inches of space above them so you'll want to keep an eye on that too.

19. kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte New Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
    How's the Tv PQ? Better than the older Tv? Worse? The 240 hz make stuff look better, or worse?