1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Scary! Seems we got 2 Price Increases this year!

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Conway, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Conway

Conway Legend

Oct 29, 2002
    Earlier in the year we got a rise in additional equipment price and now premium channels and package prices ect..... my bill went up 18 dollars due to equipment prices back in feb now another 5 dollars for package increases.. Bummer!! Supers went up a dollar premium's seem to have went up a dollar as well and other packages went up 2 dollars..

2. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    Most of this has been and is being discussed in the Free HD for life thread.

3. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    As I posted yesterday, my June 1 bill for services for the period of June 17 - July 16 showed no increases. Do you have an increased bill?

4. Conway

Conway Legend

Oct 29, 2002
    My new bill doesn't generate until 6/6.. But when I log into my account it shows my services with the new pricing beside the services.

5. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Got it. I didn't look there this morning, but I see what they're doing. The thing to remember is that prior to August 2009, HD cost $10/mo. I'm going to post more over in the Free HD for life? is it so. thread.

6. CABill

CABill Hall Of Fame

Mar 20, 2005
    What isn't posted in that thread is that DISH telegraphed the additional price hike back in Feb when they used "no package price increase in the first quarter" instead of "no package price increase this year". People opened threads about a 2nd increase but they all got locked (as speculative) before I ever noticed them to reply.

7. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    No in the Thread the talk about the price increase to AT200 and AT 250 and the premimums are talked about. Those comments my be hard to find but there is about 2 pages worth of discussion on the price increase on the package's and the effect of dropping HD with and without Platinum.