1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scheduling HD PPV recordings

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by dragon35, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragon35

dragon35 Cool Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Has anyone successfully been able to schedule and record a high defintion PPV movie? By this i men setup the movie to record in the middle of the nite in the future. I have found no way to do this. Directv tech support was no help and could not explain it, suggested i buy themovie sinces it is an all day ticket and find a time to record it. Tried last nite to order it online a 6:30am showing, got confirmation buit nothing was recording this morning when i left the house on the hd dvr, but something was on the Standard dvr (recording channel 178 so why would it choose the stadard , if it did, have to check tonite).

Does someone have the email contact of executive at D*. this frankly is crap and costing them business.

2. MartyS

MartyS New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    I just recorded an HD PPV movie on my HR20. I was browsing the listing, selected the movie and it recorded.

Now, I haven't played it yet, but it's in my listing as a PPV and shows as having recorded. True test will be when I go to play it and pay for it.

3. homerdodge

homerdodge New Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Phillipsburg...
    Always make sure you're selecting a high-def channel to record on.
    When you get a list of "showings", all HD and SD PPV channels are listed together, regardless of what PPV channel you were on when you selected "Showings".

I've recorded two PPV HD movies this past week, although it was not without issues.

Early last week the one movie became pixelated half-way through, so we had to get that one creditted, and we rescheduled it.

Then the next day or so, both movies were recorded in the morning but there was "no content" in either recording, which can happen on a channel you don't receive but shouldn't happen on a PPV channel. The DirecTv CSR indicated they were having a problem on all HD PPV channels that day, so we rescheduled and both were finally received fine the next day.

4. putty469

putty469 Legend

Jun 5, 2007
    Recorded an HD PPV movie this weekend and watched it last night. No problems. I do this fairly often as often a movie will disappear from PPV before I have time to watch it. I think the PPV movie expired on 1/2/08 if I had to keep it for a while longer.

5. dragon35

dragon35 Cool Member

Oct 22, 2007
    So you have all been able to set up the purchase and recording of a hd PPV movie at least 2 hours before the movie and had the movie be recorded. I can go thru the process but will never see purchase show up in the menu. if you did not see that there will be no movie recorded, just a message on a black screen.

I can purchase and record them real time, but not 2 or more hours in the future. At that point i never see purchase show up in the menu. All that gets recorded is the searching message and a black screen for the length of the movie after the first few minutes.

In the D* forums it has been posted that D* acknowledges there is a problem but no fix. Is anyone on this site aware of this? With the hooks that some have into D* i wonder why i hear nothing from those people on this.

I have tried using the record button as well as the select. it plain does not work for HD, but does for SD

I have the HR20.

6. dragon35

dragon35 Cool Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Talked to someone at D* last nite in the tech support area, supposedly a supervisor. she said this is a known bug with the model i have (HR20-700), no fix date known but they hope to have it fixed by the end of the year. only way to record a ppv hd movie is to do it real time.

Sucks since a lot of the movies are now in the early morning hours. Have wondered whats up with all the several channels that have upcoming in the quide, reminds me of the mpeg2 ppv hd movies where they were all in the early morning hours. you would think they would show these all the time?????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.