1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scheduling VOD

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by JeffC, Jun 11, 2009.

1. JeffC

JeffC New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    I am using HughesNet for an ISP and am FAP'ed if I try to download large files during the day.

Anyone aware of a way to schedule VOD to download at night when FAP is not in affect? (Other than staying up until 2:00AM EST :))

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    There's no way to do this automatically from the DVR.

3. JeffC

JeffC New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Thanks

4. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    If you have a smart phone get it to the screen where all you need to do is hit record on it at some point in the middle of the night.

5. rebkell

rebkell Godfather

Sep 9, 2006
    I'm not familiar with how FAP works, but couldn't you just select what you want to download before you go to bed and have it download during the night. Is FAP just during prime time hours, or does it affect the entire download? If you started a download at 11:00 pm would it stay in effect throughout the entire download or would it kick up the bandwidth at a certain point during the night? You can select several programs to download, they just queue up.

6. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Unless you have the $199.00 month business plan which is still not fast enough to download a 2 hr. HD movie within the FAP free hours. You will still get FAPPED and your service will be Shutdown for 24 hours.

Your service will work for D* VOD-you just can not use it without a lot of frustration.
    Your really not missing much-(That statement) depends on what D* program package you have.