1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

SD on VIP 612

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by jlc, Aug 16, 2014.

1. jlc

jlc New Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Ky
    I have a VIP 612 and subscribe to HD. My wife does a lot of recording and there is not enough time for her when recording in HD. The program guide only shows the HD channels for any channel that has HD. It shows SD for channels that have no HD. Is there any way to show the SD channels for stations that have HD feeds? She would like the additional recording time and doesn't mind that it wouldn't be HD.

2. RBA

RBA Active Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Set your guide to "MY CHANNELS" instead of MY HD CHANNELS.

3. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I don't know the menu structure for the 612, but there also might be a setting in the Guide configuration menu that will show "all channels" and not just SD or HD ones.

Seeing you are in Kentucky... I'm guessing you might be on eastern arc... and it is worth noting that for some channels (notably the locals) you might not have an option to record an SD equivalent.

4. jlc

jlc New Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Ky
    THANKS for both your replies. Setting to All Channels didn't work but I was able to go in to Guide Setup and changed it to show both. No SD on locals but SD on all others as well as HD. Wife is happy.

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Great... it's always good when a plan comes together! :)