1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Search and Record HD

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by mrinker, Oct 23, 2016.

1. mrinker

mrinker New Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Colorado
    Hi, coming from DTV if I did a search on D and selected a series to record, it would always select HD channel to record. Is there a way to do this on Dish? It seems when I search, it always records an SD channel even though I have SD channels hidden when HD is available. I dont have an issue when recording via the guide because your selecting the HD channel specifically but using general search, it almost always seems to grab SD over HD to record and I am hoping there is a way around this? Using Hopper 3. Thanks!

Eskimo likes this.
  2. Asheville Hoo

Asheville Hoo Cool Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Asheville, NC
    I am brand new to Dish as well and discovered that this weekend. I had found the football game I had wanted to Record/watch via the Game Finder so I think? Luckily when the game started I was watching and realized it was recording from the SD channel and I was able to rectify it and get the proper HD channel.

Glad to know it wasn't just me, but the software. Now I know to double check. Thanks.