1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Search Function

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Carolina, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Carolina

Carolina AllStar

Jan 19, 2012
    When I go into Smart Search and try to use the suggested searches I can not get anything to come up. It says this should just take a minute, but I let it run and run, but no programs ever come up. If I'm typing in a name of a person or show the search function works fine. I don't understand why one works, but the other doesn't?

2. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    Have you tried a reboot? If so and it still doesn't work you'll most likely need to flush your guide data. You can do that by rebooting twice within 30 minutes. Basically reboot and once you're back to live tv reboot again. You'll have the next few hours of guide data immediately but anything after that will take up to 48 hours to process.

3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    +1
    I just chose the Top TV picks or something like that and it took it about 7 seconds to put results on the screen.