1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Search Issues

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by The Merg, Jun 11, 2011.

Tags:
  1. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    I noticed some issues when performing searches via a HD-DVR, HD receiver, and the DirecTV app for iPhone.

I wanted to perform a search for The Protector and was not in front of a TV, so I pulled up the DirecTV app on my iPod Touch. When I typed in Protector for the search, the only result I received was I Am Number Four. Obviously, I thought that was a strange result.

While at a friend's house, I punched in a keyword search for The Protector and it came back with 3 results, the last of which was for the TV show. When I selected the show, it told me that there no results that matched even though the series premier is this coming Sunday, which was only 4 days away.

I then tried the Smart Search on my HR24 and it found the show as well as the upcoming airings of the show.

Has anyone else seen these type of strange results with the DirecTV iPhone app and keyword search via a receiver?

- Merg

2. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    Mmmm... I found it on the iPad app just fine. It was the only result in the search using "The Protector". I'm checking my HR22 now...

EDIT: Same result on my HR22 also. Smart Search found it just fine.

3. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Try the search with just "Protector" on the iPad. It seems that Smart Search works fine. It was a keyword search on the receiver and the DirecTV app that had the issues.

- Merg

4. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    Just tried it on the app (using "Protector") and it gave me a folder for "The Protector" and listed all the episodes inside it. "The Protector" and "Protector" gave the same results on my iPad.

Not sure why you are getting different ones... :confused: Maybe Earl saw this thread and fixed it for you. :D

5. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    :lol:

Well, the iPad app and the iPod apps are different.

Can someone else confirm the issue with the iPod app?

- Merg

6. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Well, I just checked again and the iPod app seems to be working correctly now. I'll have to have my friend with the receiver check the Keyword search to see if that is working now too.

- Merg

7. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    Ohh, sorry, I didn't see it was the iPhone app. I guess I was reading a little too fast.

Glad to see the app is working for you now though. :)

8. looter

looter Godfather

Oct 1, 2007
    I've found search to be pretty poor and unreliable on the iPhone app.