1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Search & Schedule

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by georgewells, May 11, 2013.

1. georgewells

georgewells AllStar

Feb 23, 2006
    Hayden,Idaho
    I have just had a HR34 and Whole house installed and it is really nice. I got an E-Mail from DTV and it said "Search and Schedule Programs a Year in Advance" - How do I do this ?? Thanks

George

2. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    Under "Menu" => "Search & Browse" - you just search for a TV show that is not in the guide data (which holds 2 weeks worth). For example, search for a program that will start this summer of fall, like Rizzoli & Isles on TNT in June. Your search results should have one result that shows as "coming soon" or something similar. Then you can choose to record it. But be careful if you do choose to record a far in advance show. The channel the DVR chooses to record on might not be one you actually receive. Sometimes it chooses the East Coast feed of ABC, etc. Not your local ABC channel.

3. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    The feature is known as Far In Advance.

Read this Thread