1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Searching for Authorized Content" ???

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by dshu82, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dshu82

dshu82 Icon

Jul 6, 2007
    I attempted to record the Mike Tomlin Press Conference yesterday of FS Pittsburgh, 628 and all it recorded was blank screen and above message (or something similar). I have Premier package and all RSN's.

Anyone else seen this before? This is the first missed recording I have had on reconditioned HR20-100 and had almost a week now.....

2. dshu82

dshu82 Icon

Jul 6, 2007
    Anyone? Just happened again this evening when attempting to record The Mike Tomlin Show on FSN Pittsburgh. My HR 20 does not like our new coach!

3. jbci

jbci Cool Member

Jan 28, 2007
    This happened to me a couple of times on PPV movies. Get 5 minutes into a movie and this message pops up. Call into the CSR and they say "Yup, sometimes that happens, sorry..."

4. boilerjt

boilerjt Icon

Jan 11, 2007
    I recorded a movie during the Starz preview last weekend and I saw the same thing.

5. ONUOsFan

ONUOsFan Cool Member

Sep 28, 2007
    It's an authorization issue, sounds like... I've gotten that in the past when I have tried to record a channel that wasn't in my package without realizing it...

Can you see that channel if you turn to it, or do you get a 721 channel not purchased message?

You might call D* and have them re-authorize that package for you...

6. ONUOsFan

ONUOsFan Cool Member

Sep 28, 2007
    There was a point on Sunday when they accidentally turned off the preview for a couple of hours...

7. Tiebmbr

Tiebmbr Godfather

Mar 27, 2007
    This is a common occurrance for RSNs when watched out of market, as it appears you are doing. According to certain content restrictions, sports programming, especially if it includes any kind of actual game footage, past or present, will be blocked, and the "Authorized Content" message will be displayed. It always feels a bit random to me, but it is, indeed, a common phenomenon.

As for the boilerjt Starz issue, are you a Starz sub, or was it recorded during their "free weekend" a week or so ago?...If so, after that free period expired, perhaps the recorded content then became unauthorized...

8. bsnelson

bsnelson I can has HR2x?

Jul 6, 2007
    Yes, this is basically the HR20 version of the dreaded "Duration: 0:00 (partial)" message on the TiVo based units, where the program didn't record due to authorization issues. It's possible that an NHL game or something ran long and they kept the RSN blacked out longer than expected.

Brad

9. ONUOsFan

ONUOsFan Cool Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Nope - you can watch recorded content even after the preview is over - as long as you're authorized when you record it, you're good.

10. dshu82

dshu82 Icon

Jul 6, 2007
    I have access to all the RSN's through my Premier Package, and they all recorded last year on my R15 (when it was the Bill Cowher show, etc.) I get all the other content on the RSN's.

11. Red Raider

Red Raider Cool Member

May 4, 2007
    I have seen the same thing when I tried to record a movie on the "new" HD Starz channel. I have had Starz for a while and can always record on the SD channel with no problems. I have severe pixellation with some of the new HD channels and when I try to record them the playback shows the severe pixellation, then subsequently freezes and then I also see the Searching for Authorized Content message and then it asks whether I want to delete. If I try to pause the movie, fast forward, etc. it has no effect. DirecTv has a problem with some of their HD channels in the new lineup (never had a problem with the original set of HD channels) and it appears to be the ones that have native mode of 1080i.

12. jeff125va

jeff125va Godfather

Jun 4, 2007
    This happened to me a few weeks ago when I recorded the Nationals-Phillies game on my local RSN (MASN). Since the game was also on a local D.C. broadcast, it was blacked out for me on the RSN. I was able to watch the end of it because I had padded it at the end, which according to the guide was another program that wasn't blacked out. It actually did "search" through the first 3 hours (or whatever the scheduled time for the game itself was) and started playing when it got to the non-blacked out portion.

13. krusty

krusty Cool Member

Oct 1, 2007
    It happens to me quite frequently when I try to view ST: DS9 on Spike, which is set to record series. About 1 in 4 comes up "Searching for Authorized Content". Spike IS included in my package and the fact that it records some but not others tells me its a bug. Not surprising though. It's not the only odd behavior my HR20 exhibits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.