1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Searching for signal 771 error...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by GatorPhan, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GatorPhan

GatorPhan AllStar

Jun 30, 2006
    Started this AM on several (Not All) of my HD Channels on my HR20-100.

Checked transponders...
    99b getting odd / even splits of 0/77/0/85/0/81 on available transponders

103a doing ok with 0/97/96/97/95/99 on 0-6 and then 0/98/99/0/0/100/0/0/0/0 on 15-24

I have refreshed services at D* end and have reset my DVR. Any other thoughts?

2. Slump Buster

Slump Buster DBSTalk Club Member

Oct 10, 2006
    I believe a number of things can cause this, but I recently saw it on my hr20-700. I did a self install on this particular line a couple of years ago and it look like moisture may have gotten into one of my connectors. I replaced the connector and the problem (exactly what you reported) went away. Can you put your box on another line?

3. brewman63

brewman63 Cool Member

Nov 12, 2007
    I had a similar problem last week after finishing some install work on my new setup. I installed a new ground block to replace an old one and started getting the error. The signal strength showed good on one tuner and lower to none on the other. Some Sats were better than others? I narrowed it down to one of the inputs and finally replaced the ground block again. Now it works great. I guess the block was bad or I damaged it somehow? I read somewhere that the DVRs alternate between tuners for each channel unless one is recording. Make sure both tuners have a good signal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.