1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season 2 Doctor Who, Ratings. Its Good!

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by UKintheUS, Apr 17, 2006.

1. UKintheUS

UKintheUS Godfather

Dec 23, 2005
    David Tennant's return as Doctor Who topped Saturday night's UK TV ratings, with eight million viewers, watching the BBC1 show, unofficial overnight figures show.

Tennant made his debut in the part in a Christmas special.

2. Art7220

Art7220 Godfather

Feb 4, 2004
    Warning: Spoiler, don't read

Wow, Cat People and zombies? Well, they look like zombies.

And the Lady Cassandra. Did anyone else think she looked alright? I can't see it. Maybe I've seen too much Pamela Anderson or something. Or Amanda Bynes? Anyway...

In short, great ep. You know how to get it unless you want to wait till Sci Fi Chan shows it. Maybe next year?

-A- Looked great on my Philips DVP 642 Divx file DVD player.

3. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    And the Lady Cassandra. Did anyone else think she looked alright?

She looked a bit thin to me.

4. invaliduser88

invaliduser88 Welcome to Torchwood DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    a little stretched too...

5. Art7220

Art7220 Godfather

Feb 4, 2004
    Now that I remember, I did like how Cassandra switched with The Doctor, Rose and one of the patients.

-A-

6. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    I was actually expecting her to possess herself at the very end. While possessing someone else is certainly unethical... doing so to your younger self has a bit more room to wiggle.

7. May 2, 2006 #7 of 21
    jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    This is epsiode 3 of the new season 2.

Giles, Sarah Jane and K-9. Enough said.

8. May 6, 2006 #8 of 21
    Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    Best episode yet of the new series. Nice twist at the end.

9. May 7, 2006 #9 of 21
    Art7220

Art7220 Godfather

Feb 4, 2004
    This show gets better and better. I thought it would lose something in the regeneration, but it hasn't.

I've decided not to spoil it for the rest of you. However I did like the clockwork robots, and the ship with human parts.

In other shows like Star Trek, sometimes when they go back in time it doesn't come out very well. I can't explain how but DW makes it work. Other than maybe the writing.

-A- Next week the Cybermen return.

10. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    Yup, definately liked the last episode as well. Sophia Myles was great as Jeanne-Antoinette Poisson, Madame de Pompadour.

11. Art7220

Art7220 Godfather

Feb 4, 2004
    Link: BBC Doctor Who sound page

Has anyone tried texting Who to 81010 on their US phone? Does it work?

Also on this page is commentaries for this season's episodes. They work like a DVD commentary, so you play this while you watch the episode. I'm sure you can make an alternate track and record it on DVD. I think this is the first time commentaries were made for episodes before the eventual DVD release.

-A-

12. Art7220

Art7220 Godfather

Feb 4, 2004
    This page has been quiet for some time. Has anyone been watching?

What did everyone think of the 50s TV episode? It was called The Idiot's Lantern.

13. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I'm still watching Season 1 on SciFi... haven't seen any Season 2 as yet.

14. UKintheUS

UKintheUS Godfather

Dec 23, 2005
    Well the season 2. Two part episodes, Rise of the Cybermen and The Age of Steel, was Fantastifc.

As for season 1, The Badwolf is coming. Sci Fi is a must watch this Friday and Next.

15. Danny R

Jul 5, 2002
    I am generally loving the latest Doctor Who's.

Looks like next episode (of Season 2) will FINALLY have the Doctor and companions exploring someplace thats not associated with Earth at all.

16. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I'm guessing the reason SciFi skipped this past Friday was to show the movie marathon for the holiday weekend... Personally, their normal lineup on Friday beats the movies I saw listed the other day!

I'm looking forward for the last couple of Season 1 episodes + the DVD set coming soon so I can see what was snipped and watch them in widescreen again!

Hoping that Season 2 will not be a long wait airing here in the US. I know I could find a download place, but I hate watching stuff on my tiny computer screen so it is worth waiting for DVDs or SciFi to pick up the next season. I go to the BBC Web site periodically, so I've seen clips from Season 2 that look interesting.

17. Art7220

Art7220 Godfather

Feb 4, 2004
    HDMe:

The DVD set is available from amazon.ca. They do ship to the US.

18. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I was going to buy the Season 1 set from Canada... until I heard it was going to be released in July in the US... and in the meantime I get to watch them on SciFi.

I guess the Season 2 set will similarly come out in Canada before they air here in the US.

19. Scarpad

Scarpad Legend

May 22, 2006
    Yeah but a $99 Msrp for 13 episodes? Hmm I'm gonna have to pass maybe I'll netflix them to see the deleted stuff.

20. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I hear you... I am hoping to see that majorly discounted once it hits the US store shelves. I paid $99 for full seasons of Star Trek (26 episodes or so)... and thought that was a bit pricy when shows like Smallville had about the same run in a DVD set for half the price.

I would expect the Dr Who sets to be less than $50 unless they have a LOT of extra stuff. Otherwise I'll be waiting even longer for the price to come down.