1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season 3 Galactica now in October?

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by UKintheUS, Mar 8, 2006.

1. UKintheUS

UKintheUS Godfather

Dec 23, 2005
    Scifi Channel have confirmed they have moved the premier of season three of, Battlestar Galactica back to October 06.

www.gateworld.net

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I wonder if that means it will run with no repeats once it starts? Season 2 ran half last summer and half just about to finish now... with a long gap of nothing in between.

I would be ok waiting until October if it meant we got to see the whole shebang in one run!

3. invaliduser88

invaliduser88 Welcome to Torchwood DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    Grrrr....

4. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...

Boooooo!!!:mad: I depend on new eps on sci-fi in the summer to actually give me something to watch other than repeats on the networks and lame shows they try to launch in the summer they didn't think weren't strong enough to succeed during the regular tv seasons. On top of that the season finale is this weekend, so we've got to wait all the way until October for them to resolve the cliff-hanger you know they're going to leave us with? Sheesh it's almost as bad as trying to get back into the 4400 when they finish in August and don't start again until May or June. Oh well, at least i'll have the 4400 to watch during the summer.

5. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    USA's Dead Zone is the worst about that... We get 13 episodes in the summer and then nothing until the next summer!

This year they threw us a Christmas bonus episode... but I've been hearing that this wacky scheduling and long down-time is helping to kill the show as people are simply forgetting it AND the actors need to find other jobs to pay their bills.

6. benjaminmarle

benjaminmarle Legend

Jun 7, 2002
    I used to like The Dead Zone and your right, I'm starting to forget about the show because it takes forever for new episodes. And I wish I didn't have to wait so long for Battlestar to start again.

7. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I could live with a one-time-bump to October if it meant they would then adopt a more "normal" viewing order or run all 20-some episodes in a row for the 3rd season... It will give me time to re-watch all my DVDs from the first and eventually 2nd season once those come out on DVD this summer.

But if it became a shifting target and they move to October but just give us 13 episodes or something... then I'd be in the angry camp too.

Battlestar Galactica has so many subplots and continuing stories where it really matters what happened way back in the first hour of the mini-series pilot that a long gap between seasons would be counter-productive to trying to follow the story!