1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Second Home

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by ebenator, Oct 8, 2013.

1. ebenator

ebenator New Member

Oct 8, 2013
    IOWA
    Hey guys,
    I'm pretty tech savy, but not when it comes to Directv. :) I'm currently setting up my directv for our second home. Here is what i have so far.
    I have a slimeline SL3PIG-Z dish, from the dish there are two cables running out to the house. From there I have one cord plugged into the Sat1 and the other plugged into the Sat2. I have an HR22 receiver.

I bought a SWM inserter but NOT using currently..

Okay here is my problem. I only get SD channels as of now. What do i need to do get both SD and HD channels? I have checked the settings to show "ALL" channels, but still nothing..

What settings do i need to have the dish on? Right now its on "Round 18" and "Multiswitch"... Do i need to change these settings? Do i need to add a SWM?

Thanks for your help!

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    your settings should be "slimline 3LNB" as your dish type and "multiswitch" as your switch type. you also need a pair of BBCs. you can get them free of charge by calling DirecTV

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

3. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Do NOT install the SWM PI; it has no place in a non-SWiM system.

Self-installing is overrated.

4. carl6

carl6 Moderator DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Also keep in mind DirecTV terms of service don't allow having service at two locations at the same time on a single account. You can move your service back and forth, but if both will be used at the same time you need a separate account.

Assuming that is not an issue for what you are doing, you want to follow the above guidance and also verify dish alignment. It is very easy to get an alignment that gets acceptable signals off 101 (for all the SD channels) but no signal on 99 or 103 (which provides the HD channels).

5. ebenator

ebenator New Member

Oct 8, 2013
    IOWA
    Thanks Guys! It worked!

6. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Awesome. Thanks for the update.