1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Security Help

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by Davenlr, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    I just backed up the contents of my Windows phone to my desktop.
    Whenever I try to view any of the pictures, I get a security error (see attachment).
    I have added the directory to Internet security, I have turned all the security to minimum, and it still wont let me open the files in this directory (on the same computer I am viewing them on).

I hate this security crap. How do I open the pictures?

Attached Files:

2. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    What does it say when you click on the "Why can't these be opened" link?

3. funhouse69

funhouse69 Icon

Mar 26, 2007
    What I find interesting is the statement "Your Internet Security Settings" so this is somehow being treated as something you downloaded from an untrusted source so maybe if you co and copy them out of the download directory in to another folder say on the desktop or something you will get rid of that message. Of course the other option would be to lower your security setting which is probably set pretty high for you to get this message.

I would go with my first suggestion, find the files and copy or even move them to another folder outside of your download area.

4. houskamp

houskamp New Member

Sep 14, 2006
    what version of windows? that error box doesn't look like any I've ever seen..