1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Self install on leased 622 allowed?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by drillhead, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drillhead

drillhead Cool Member

Mar 24, 2007
    Keep going around & around w/csr and they said it is not an option. If not, what is the deal on those posters that have been allowed to do so? How did you all pull this off? What is your secret??

Thanks, in advance!

2. Ken Green

Ken Green Hall Of Fame

Oct 6, 2005
    It's not really a full "self-install." It is designed for when you are replacing a dual-tuner receiver, making it basically plug and play. If any dish/switch installation is needed, or you are not swapping it out with a dual-tuner receiver, the "self-install" is not permitted.
    My first one required an install, the second was allowed self-install. (it replaced a 625)

3. drillhead

drillhead Cool Member

Mar 24, 2007
    Why is this? It's not brain surgery....dpp w/separator. I currently have a 211 and am receiving all possible HD off 119, 110 & 61.5 . What am I missing? Using brand new RG-6 (~50' run). The 211 functions w/o a single problem? The only problem I have is that it's a major problem meeting w/an installer...I cannot schedule a single thing in my life (outside of work) let alone hooking up with an installer that never shows up on time. Please show me the light! Thanks!

4. Ken Green

Ken Green Hall Of Fame

Oct 6, 2005
    Don't blame the messenger....I'm a member like you, and just trying to answer your question. I don't make the rules. :)

My guess would be (and it's only a guess), DISH bases their determination of what they feel is the overall ability of their general subscriber population, and what they feel is their responsibility to insure a proper installation.

Given, to the members here, adding a DPP44, back-feeding the power inserter, and running a couple of cables, is not "rocket science," but to the general public, sending out this type of equipment, with written instructions...well, I'd imagine DISH CS gets tons of calls from people just tyring to follow the instructions for a simple single SD receiver swap.

Heck, #2 on the TS voice prompt is how to change the batteries in your remote. :lol:

5. drillhead

drillhead Cool Member

Mar 24, 2007
    Sorry, I'm just venting! I'd have to guess that you're right. Maybe Dish feels that it's more cost effective just to send the installers out to get it right the 1st time as opposed to fielding numerous calls to CS....Thanks...."The truth is out there"...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.