1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Self Install Upgrade

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by drprwnap, Apr 2, 2011.

1. drprwnap

drprwnap New Member

Apr 2, 2011
    I've been a DirecTv customer for a few years with non-HD service. I want to upgrade to HD and do a self install. When I called, they said there was no way to ship the dish to me and would have to send out a tech. Anyone else have this issue? Is there any way to get the dish shipped? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    For a self install HD installation, you either need to accept their install if you want the dish free, or buy your own from a local dealer or solidsignal.com. I bought my SWM dish/lnb from a local dealer for about $100.

3. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    DirecTV does not support self-installs, because they've learned that most of the time, they end up having to come out and re-do everything anyway, and that self-install customers have low satisfaction with the system.

So, if you *really* must have a self-install, you'd have to buy what you needed from a retailer. No discounts that way, but you'd get the self-install that you wanted.

4. mcbeevee

mcbeevee 97% Complete

Sep 18, 2006
    Click here to see Directv dishes at solid signal.

:)