1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

seniority tech bonus?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Nabisco, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Nabisco

Nabisco Godfather

May 18, 2007
    I have heard from some other techs that Directv sends out a seniority bonus check every year for techs? Is this True?

2. MrShowtime

MrShowtime Legend

Apr 8, 2009
    we got a check one time like 3 years ago i think, was around christmas time. I forget how much it was, I think 250-500 maybe? It wasn't a big amount but it was nice. I work for an hsp though, not an O&O but they said the check was from dtv.

3. Nabisco

Nabisco Godfather

May 18, 2007
    i remember that it was nice help out alot.... I was told the seniority bonus is alot of cash. i want to b sure if this is true and ask why we dont get it

4. MrShowtime

MrShowtime Legend

Apr 8, 2009
    ah i've never heard of anything like that

5. Tisby

Tisby AllStar

Jun 4, 2010
    No senority bonus. We did get a payment from D* even though we are HSP a couple years ago. Turnover was horrific and they were trying to stem the tide. My office is mostly veteran techs, but a lot of the other offices had people stick around until that extra bit of money came through and then leave...

6. dkouz

dkouz AllStar

May 5, 2007
    My HSP gives $250 * years of service on your anniversary date. Our shop is union and the bonus is not included in the contract, so no bonus for us...

7. Nabisco

Nabisco Godfather

May 18, 2007
    you damn well know that you/we needed a union... my hsp gave us plenty of reasons to vote in a union. At least I am treated like mud on boots instead of poo on boots

8. tangsoo

tangsoo New Member

Dec 12, 2011
    How has being union worked out for you and your co-workers? I'm home services (does that mean hsp ?) and in my area we do pretty well for ourselves overall, but sometimes me and the other guys in my area get pretty jerked around and I wonder to myself if going union would help or hurt.

Btw I'm not a new tech but am a little new to the forum, is there a thread with a list of acronyms used on here? I have most of them figured out but just wondered. Also is there an installers area

Go DTV!

9. samrs

samrs MANC

May 30, 2004
    Flat Branch, NC
  10. Nabisco

Nabisco Godfather

May 18, 2007
    A good union would help, it would put you in a spot where u have rights and you can stand up if you have something to say without fear of them giving you service call all week or them throwing the book at you