1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sent wrong receiver TWICE

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by dubphotek, Mar 13, 2012.

1. dubphotek

dubphotek Cool Member

Sep 26, 2006
    Ordered the THR-22 after the old SAT-60 started to die a slow and painful death. Paid for the receiver, agreed to extra TiVo charge ($6/mo), but received an HR-24, which the CSR discovered upon activation. Finagled a small discount ($15) out of the fiasco, but yesterday I received yet another HR-24 as a replacement (didn't even have to open the box--it's right there on the label.)

Losing faith in DirecTV. :nono:

Any suggestions on how I can use this to my advantage? I'm not looking to be a jerk about it but I definitely want compensation for my time and effort.

(Below sig is out of date--no more Westy. What a POS.)

2. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    I guess you can ask the csr what they can do for the hassle you're going through. Maybe they can give you a credit to offset the Tivo fee for a year?

3. r028806

r028806 Mentor

Mar 12, 2010
    This is a known issue with the ordering system . Call again. There are procedures now in place to remedy this.:)

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
  5. cmich

cmich Cool Member

Mar 17, 2012
    also, remember, the new THR-22 is receintly released so there may be issues in getting it sent out. it sucks but id demand that you have a tech come out and swap it out to ensure that the right equipment gets delivered. they will have it and if the work order is wrong and they bring a regular HR-xx, then they can call a supervisor to bring one out and have order modification modify the work order.

6. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    This issue has been resolved. Any orders placed today going forward will ship a THR-22 automatically.