1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Series 2 DirecTivos (including R10): 6.3e Discussion/Issues

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Stuart Sweet, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Version 6.3e for DirecTiVos.

Release Notes:
    PLEASE DONT POST... DIDN'T GET IT, or GOT IT tracking posts in this thread, they are subject to deletion

The more detail the better Simply put... the more detail you can provide the better the feedback.

Please post the model of your receiver along with all issues.

2. Ricka

Ricka AllStar

Aug 9, 2006
    I have one R10 that did get it and one that hasn't called in yet.
    I lost 3 hrs recording time, The only thing I can see different is the "Channel List" menu under Messages & Settings. The favorites and channel selection is all in one menu now.

Also the "Wishlist" menu is now copyrighted.

3. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Stuart - I believe this update is also being rolled out to the HD HR10-250 DVR, so you may want to drop the "SD" from the thread title...

4. snickerrrrs

snickerrrrs Registered User

Jan 20, 2007
    I've noticed my remote is responding a lot slower since the 6.3e update. Also today both my R10 and dvr40 rebooted and now I have logos when I push the info button when watching live or recorded tv. :D

5. Clemsole

Clemsole Godfather

Sep 8, 2005
    Washington...
    I have a DVR40 that got the 6.3e update but now in the "Now Playing List" the information portion is missing at the top. Before I could reenable it by using the up, down, up, 7, 8 code but now it does not work anyone have a key to turn it back on?

6. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    Happy to help, Drew! Please use this thread for ALL DirecTivos getting version 6.3e.

7. Jon J

Jon J Grouch Extrordinaire

Apr 22, 2002
    Music City, USA
    Evidently it is not supported in 6.3e.

Based on some posts, there may have to be a 6.3f to clean up the problems caused by e.

8. RandCfilm

RandCfilm Godfather

Aug 17, 2006
    This feature has never been on the 6.3x software. So everybody call DirecTV and complain that when you got the 6.3e upgrade you lost this feature and maybe they will add it in the next release. I would love to have this feature on my HR10-250.

9. dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
    Is this ONLY for all the SII Tivo's, or will the SI's be getting this update as well?

10. jclarke9999

jclarke9999 Godfather

Feb 9, 2007
    My Samsung SIR4040 (with larger drive installed) restarted ind installed 6.3e today. After the install, my "approximately 137 hours" was replaced with 133 hours.

11. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Series 2 only.

12. mark_winn

mark_winn Legend

Nov 3, 2005
    Somehow the update shutdown my DVR service. I was out of town and came back last night to see no SP's or suggestions had recorded since Monday. When I checked the SP's a message told me to go the settings folder to "activate" the DVR service. I did that, then found the system to be in "pending restart". After a restart all is well, but I am bit peeved that nothing was recorded all week. To me this falls under the TIVO missing recordings. A first for me with TIVO in the last 6 years.

13. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    Well, I edited the thread title again. I've been told by Earl that the R10 is technically a "Series 2.5" so I wanted that made clear as well.

14. mark_winn

mark_winn Legend

Nov 3, 2005
    Somehow the update shutdown my DVR service. I was out of town and came back last night to see no SP's or suggestions had recorded since Monday. When I checked the SP's a message told me to go the settings folder to "activate" the DVR service. I did that, then found the system to be in "pending restart". After a restart all is well, but I am bit peeved that nothing was recorded all week. To me this falls under the TIVO missing recordings. A first for me with TIVO in the last 6 years.

15. fineware

fineware AllStar

Jun 12, 2007
    A poosible clue to the 6.3e issues: My HR10-250 was recently set up for a single tuner after upgrading to a HR20-700 and moving it to another room. Since the upgrade, the box apparently still tries to use the disabled tuner when hitting the down arrow. The TiVo may be trying to do the same thing when starting a recording, stopping when it doesn't find a signal on the scheduled channel.

16. fineware

fineware AllStar

Jun 12, 2007
    Follow-up: Doing a hard reset by removing and re-applying power fixes the problem.

17. jdmac29

jdmac29 Godfather

Jan 6, 2006
    I got 6.3 last night on my Samsung 4040r, no problems so far.

18. friarfax

friarfax New Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Since the 6.3e upgrade 2 of my directv tivo boxes (R10 and SD-DV#40) are rebooting. Anyone else having issues?

19. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    This is what I have noticed so far for 6.3e:
    • Added/Changed logos for TCM, Fox Movie Channel, Military, A&E, Cartoon Network
    • Wishlist now has a registered mark on it.
    • Channel list dramatically changed. Banner at top gives full channel description. Thumbs up allows you to add the channel to your favorites list.
    • Channel banner now displays when the program was recorded.
    • Start recording is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 minutes early.
    • Stop recording is 1, 2 3, 4, 5, 10, 15, 30, 60 minutes as well as 1-1/2 and 3 hours late.
    • Guide-Grid display appears to be faster. (Note: I don't use this often)
    • Now Playing now appears to be faster.

20. JohnDG

JohnDG Legend

Aug 16, 2006
    Also,
    * To Do List shows actual scheduled start time, including any padding to the beginning of the show. For example, 9:30 show with 5 minutes padding shows a 9:25 start time in the To Do List.

jdg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.