1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Series Don't Seem To Be Recording

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by phatmatt1215, Jan 17, 2014.

1. phatmatt1215

phatmatt1215 Icon

Nov 4, 2007
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Move if needed.

For the last few days I seem to be having trouble recording series of shows. I don't know if it's due to the recent software upgrade or what, I wanted to record a show called Homicide Hunter (new and reruns)on the ID network. I highlighted the show in the guide and press record. There were plent of episodes to be recorded. When I went to watch a few of them, none had recorded. The same scenario happened when I tried to record "What Would You Do" on HLN. This just started for me (that I know of). I have an HR23-700 receiver. Thanks for any possible help.

Matt

2. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    You need to make sure you are highlighting the show in the guide, press record once, it will give you a single orange R symbol, push record again on the same show, it will give you a multiple R symbol to show it is setup to record the series. Then you need to check to see if your series link is set to new, reruns, or both.....if you are already doing all that, did you happen to try a reboot of your dvr?

3. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    You might also find clues in the History section under Recordings-> Manage Recordings.