1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Series links question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by sweep49, Mar 7, 2014.

1. sweep49

sweep49 Legend

Jul 15, 2008
    SW GA
    If an account has a change of address which causes the local channels to change, will any affected local channel assignments in existing series links be updated automatically? Or will they have to be redone manually?

2. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    The CPU in a STB is rather dumb. You'll need to redo 'em manually.

3. sweep49

sweep49 Legend

Jul 15, 2008
    SW GA
    That's what I was afraid of, but thanks for the response.

4. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    So you moved? If you moved to a different DMA, the stations wouldnt be the same at all. My FOX is 47, my parents FOX is something completely different. Series Links are Title on channel number format, so if the channel changes the SL needs to change.

5. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    You have to remember this isn't as simple as say FXX moving from the 600 channel range to the 200 channel range. That is the same channel just moving, so those series links usually follow it fine (I think some people might have reported issues though).

Instead this is a complete change of channels. For instance around here it would be WYZZ (Fox 43) being dropped form my package and KLJB (Fox 18) being added. These are two completely different channels with different line-ups. Just because they are both Fox affiliates doesn't mean they are the same channel (outside of prime time they have very little shows on at the same time).

Same thing would happen if a show changed from one channel to another. For example a few years back when Doctor Who moved from SyFy to BBC America. You had to set up a new series link because it was now on a completely different channel.